Or not...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntthehunter

Reaction score
I missed a doe with the CVA Wolf saturday evening. First shot at anything with a muzzleloader.

Still a success story to me, 'cause I'm now bit with the bug. Can't wait to get out this evening and try to actually connect with one.

The miss was all me. Got excited because I listened to her coming in behind me for at least 10 minutes. She came out into the logging road about 10 feet to the right of my stand. Made a noise when I was turning to get into position and she ran down the side of the road about 30 yards then turned broadside and stopped. Put the sights right where they needed to be, and then snatched the poo out of the trigger :oops: We searched for about an hour to try and find any blood at all, but she escaped untouched.

Muzzle loader season opens in my game zone today (was hunting a different zone this weekend), so I'll be at it again.

My first shot at an 8 point buck was almost 40 years ago. Had 2 clear shots with my 30-06 and was shaking so bad I missed clean both times from about 40 yards. Haven't missed one since. The first is always the hardest.

Back