out of sight adjustment?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bailebr3

Reaction score
so i shot my greyhawk for the first time today. i shot from 35yrds. and after 10 shots i finally got it shooting on my target! it grouped ok but i bottomed out the rear sight?! i was shooting hornady .490 balls, tradition .015 wonderlubed patches, and i began shooting at 70gr. of pyrodex rs select but got my best groups at 90grs. so has anyone experienced this with round balls? i tried some hornady great plains 410gr. bullets BUT they were so hard to start that i only shot 2. they actually shot good but the nose was pretty deformed after using my ball starter on them.

Well are you worried that you ran out of sight? I think if you get further back, that might all straighten out. I have loaded with the Great Plains and they are hard to load in some rifles.

yeah im worried that i ran out of sight. although sitting here looking....the rear sight has a very shallow v- sight and im almost positive that i wasnt holding the front bead down in the bottom of the v. it sure is tiny though!

Back