Peep Sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave James

Reaction score
Looking for the number for the peep sight that will fit on the TC 54 caliber round barrel Renegade, mine id the left handed model if it makes a difference, old eyes just can't work the irons good any more

Dave James said:
Looking for the number for the peep sight that will fit on the TC 54 caliber round barrel Renegade, mine id the left handed model if it makes a difference, old eyes just can't work the irons good any more

There are a couple of options for the 54 assuming it a normal TC sidfe hammer... What model do you have....

A TC tang sight such as this one will work..

http://www.crsupport.org/items/Thompson ... 33740.html

Also a Lyman tang sight can be made to work with a modification to the sight body...

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/sigh ... sights.php

Looks like the first one would work best, as I have the left handed side hammer model,, thanks

The T/C Renegade has an octagonal barrel, not a round one. If your T/C has a round barrel, it is probably either a New Englander,Grey Hawk, or Black Mountain Magnum. ( I don't think Black Mountain Magnum came in left hand ) There were two different tang peep sights offered by T/C. One for the Hawken/Renegade/White Mountain Carbine/Big Bore. The other tang peep sight fits New Englander/Grey Hawk/Black Mountain Magnum. the difference between the two sights is the mounting on the countour of the tang on the particular muzzleloader. You should select the correct one for a proper fit on your muzzleloader.

If it's a New Englander it will say it on the barrel. I agree it's not a Renegade.

The TC tang peep for the New Englander is part # 7197. It doesn't fit any other TC. Pretty hard to find. I was lucky and found someone who had a new one. It's the only one I ever found.

Muley your right its the "NE", have looked for the sight you listed and its no go in my area,, but have been looking at Ebco's Encore mount with peep, may try and go a similar route and try drill and tap a weaver gunsmith mount and install a peep on top, would kill two birds so to speak if I decide to go with a scope later on

Fox Ridge

I believe they have gone the way of the rest of TC service and parts.NLA

Re: Fox Ridge

stude283 said:
I believe they have gone the way of the rest of TC service and parts.NLA

My searches uncovered articles about their closing in 2010.

Back