Probably going to miss another bow season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, High Tech
I am only drawing 60# and using carbon express 300. I can remember when I was pulling 85# but I was younger then. :wink:
charlie

I also shot carbon express 300's. I used to draw 60 lbs but my old shoulder joints creaked too much so I took it down to 55. That was still enough to take 2 deer last year. Both were total pass throughs. I check my arrows from time to time and they're all fine. HTR, I'd maybe get another opinion on whether you have the right arrows for you bow and draw weight.

Several people have told me that I needed either 300 or 400, so I'll check the chart sometime this week. Whatever evening that I geta chance to go to the archery shop. If he told me to use the wrong arrows I am sure that he will give me a full refund, but I am still too scared to shoot another carbon so I'll just buy some new new XX78 2213 aluminum. Every aluminum arrow I had is bent from me making the mistake of leaving them where my 3 year old twin nephews could get ahold of them.

HTR,

I shoot the Gold Tip carbons@ 65# draw weight, I have never had one explode like you describe. Glad you came out of the situation untouched. Most good carbons have enough wrapped,overlaying layers to eliminate exploding problems. I've seen them crack, but it usually takes quite a hard hit (wood) or something. Quite accurate , I have actually shot carbons into the tubes of other carbons left in the target. Friends and myself will now only shoot 3 arrows at a time before retrieving, too many arrows being destroyed otherwise. I strongly suggest you have the "spine" strength of the arrows checked to make sure you are shooting the correct arrows.. :wink:

Good Shooting,
Al

Latest posts

Back