problem with T/C Triumph won't stay locked

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian1

Reaction score
I have a T/C Triumph that the locking mechanism won't stay locked. It flops open easily. This is where the trigger guard pulls down to open the action and it pulls up and is supposed to go over center and lock closed to lock the action. I found an old thread on another forum about it and they had a fix with pics, but all the pics had gone stale. That site also had a link to a thread here about it, but that link has gone stale, too.
Does anyone here have information about how to fix this?

This is the link from the other site. According to the poster over there, he copied his info there from this site and this link:

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11690
Anyone know how to find that thread here?

Last edited:
yes, it's just that the locking is very soft. I can barely feel it going over center. I understand this is some sort of internal adjustment

Maybe the internals just need a good cleaning?

I do. THe Omega thread is the only thing I could find mentioning the problem, so I'm hoping they are enough alike that it's a similar fix. That's why I was trying to find the pictures.

I had a similar issue, is the stock really loose?

I took out the stock through bolt and had to take the small pin out of the locking mechanism to get the barrel off. There is a block that is keyed to the bottom of a barrel that the screws came loose on. I locktited them and put it back together and it’s all better.

Latest posts

Back