protection for my new Chrony

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3/4 is what i used. Spray the box with some kind of protectant before using. Or even stain it. I store my chrono in the box as well.

My plan was to use a transparent stain. Brings out the beauty of the wood :shock: :D . Have been thinking about how I'll store it and am leaning to keeping it in the box. With my luck I'll loose the wires and the defusers. I was also planning to put a carrying handle on it.

Grouse did you fasten your to the box. I was thinking of drilling a couple of holes in the bottom and using a couple of short screws to hold it down and in place in the box.
Just wondering if anyone ever hit the wires of the difusers with a sabot and what the result was.

Get some small dowel rods for the diffusers. If ya hit 'em,,,no biggee... :roll: :lol:

This morning I picked up a piece of 3/8 Lexan. Took it home and dadoed a 3/8 groove. The whole thing was then assembled. I just finished putting a coat of stain on it and it's drying in the garage. Am thinking about putting a coat of varithane on it but don't know if I will. Once it's dry I'll put it on my tri pond and put the Chrony in it and see how it looks. Probably not as purdy as Grouses' :wink: but we'll see. I'll post a picture so others can compare.

Here's a couple of pictures of the finished product.

Picture255.jpg

And

Picture256-1.jpg

2 thoughts here. If I'm shooting centerfire I won't need the protection. If I hit the Chrony with a rifle at 10 feet, I have no business shooting. I've fretted over the wires and diffusers with my savage and don't think I'll need them, unless it's real sunny and clear skies.

Latest posts

Back