RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool #90201...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I thought I'd try something new and give this new RCBS priming tool a try. I have on hand two Lee hand primers, the Hornady Hand Held priming tool, and of course used the reloading press for priming for years before getting a hand-held tool. When I bought my first Lee Auto Prime I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It is so fast compared to using your reloading press. Of course I had to purchase the Lee-exclusive modified shell holders to go along with it. It was so much better I bought another too so to have one rigged up with large primers and one rigged for small primers all the time. One nagging problem is with the shell holders. It is USUALLY a very tight fit for a case to fit. Sometimes sticking a case in, priming it, and then removing it causes so much movement that the loose primers may turn upside down! Very UN-good! So I moved to the Hornady tool looking for a better mousetrap. VERY smooth action here. A little complicated when changing between primers sizes though. ALSO...another nagging shellholder issue. Although the Hornady uses typical shellholders...they MUST be Hornady brand for the unit to function! Crazy!

So when I read the add for the RCBS, "Universal shell holder," a lightbulb came on! And yes it IS true...NO shellholder of any type is necessary! This priming tool has its own univeral shellholder that functions with cases from .32 ACP to .45-70 Gov't! Ever wonder why your priming tool primer tray was ROUND? Ever seen a ROUND 100 pack of primers? Of course not! Well, the RCBS #90201 primer tray is square! NOW all you have to do is put the tray on top of your pack of primers and turn everthing up-side down and all 100 primers are in the tray!

So does it work! Well..I can't say is does from .32 ACP to .45-75 Gov't but it sure does with 6BR, .357 Remington Mag, .44 Remington Mag, .223 Remington, and .338 Winchester Mag! It actually worked perfectly with nary a change of shell holders!

If your tired of putting up with handheld priming tool crapola..give the new RCBS tool a try! I think it's the best there is!

2006rangepics%20230.jpg

2006rangepics%20231.jpg

2006rangepics%20228.jpg

2006rangepics%20229.jpg

It wouldn't work for me. I use 25 ACP. The Lee autoprime I have works fine.

Back