Readying some gear

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Look like in early March, Falcon, my dad, brother and I will be doing some hog hunting together!

Just got my cameras all cleaned up and stowed away. I had my hand camera in my back pack and some how, a Coke exploded and soaked my camera. I had some spray cleaner with my camera equipment and so far, it looks like it took care of the sticky buttons :evil:   I don't know what the in world I had in there, but it popped that can in no time.

Knives are all sharp and in place as well.

I already plan on taking the Accura v2 with 338gr Platinums. I also was going to get the .58 dialed in when I got an email that another gun was in stock. Soooooo, I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands on what second rifle to take.

If it gets here in time and I can get it sighted in, I'll most likely use it rather than my .58 Hawken.

Moon phase looks great from the 5th of March to the 12th. Floyd (faclon) send me a link to a nice program that shows the moose phase for such and such days.
http://www.solunarforecast.com/solunarcalendar.aspx

That .58 Hawken should be a fine hog zapper. 

The tower stand that fell over during the storm is here being repaired and re-designed.  Will get it back up this weekend. 

Checked the game cameras today; except for three 25 pound pigs in a couple photos  the hogs are nocturnal.

Hopefully that will change!

Is it legal to spot light for hogs? lol

Jon it is illegal to fraternize with other hog hunting forum members.  I better go in your place!  :D

Is it legal to spot light for hogs? lol

Sadly; it is illegal to hunt hogs at night with a gun.  We have to stop hunting 30 minutes after sunset. 

We will take advantage of every legal minute.

Okay no problem! Same rule we have here.

Rifle shipped out today and should be here on monday!

"I already plan on taking the Accura v2 with 338gr Platinums. I also was going to get the .58 dialed in when I got an email that another gun was in stock. Soooooo, I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands on what second rifle to take."  

Take the one you shoot the best. A hunt is no time to experiment with a new gun, that's what paper targets are for, not hogs.

You can sight in a gun and develop a load in one day if you have all the supplies to do it. Then go hunt.

True but to be honest, I have been chickening out with my sidelocks on hunts. I know I have accurate loads for them and I know how well they shoot but for some reason I've been going scoped inline during hunting season. I don't know why I do this. I just have to suck it up and know I have what it takes to use the sidelock.

Latest posts

Back