Reloading Question?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
I have a question about brass tumbling. I would like to know at what point you decide your "media " is worn out? My tumbler is at least 15 yrs. old. I am using a corn cob media that I haven't changed in years. I do use a media addtive (Rooster). The stuff is starting to look dark. I'd like to here about others case prep procedure. You saved the spent case, now what are your steps to reload?
Thanks in advance...???

I use Iosso brass polish added to my corncob media. I have also used a case polish made by Midway. When the media gets to the point it seems to get "loaded up" with the polish, it packs itself into the brass casings while tumbling and then won't dump out easily. Then the only way to get it out of the cases is with a wire or nail and poke it out. At that point, I replace my media with new and everything is good again! It will take a long time to get to that point if you go sparingly with the case polish additive. I don't add polish everytime, just when it seems to be taking too long to get a good shine on the brass.

I couldn't find it in the bird section. I found mine in the lizard section. Its crushed walnut and it works good. Much cheaper than buying it at a shooting store.

Its called Lizard Litter and is sold in 5 and 10 lbs bags. It breaks down faster than corn cob media but its much cheaper also.

PowderKeg

1BigPowderKeg said:
I couldn't find it in the bird section. I found mine in the lizard section. Its crushed walnut and it works good. Much cheaper than buying it at a shooting store.

Its called Lizard Litter and is sold in 5 and 10 lbs bags. It breaks down faster than corn cob media but its much cheaper also.

PowderKeg
Good to know! Thank you very much!

I like walnut because I don't have to pop out the primer hole.

You shoulda seen the look on my wife's face whan I asked her to look for Lizard Litter at PetSmart.... :lol:

Back