renegade project is a go

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
have the stock, going to sand and refinish it soon. an fast twist GMB 45cal barrel in wait for a new home. went with a second hand lock, hope it holds up better then the second cva lock did. (reminds me, I still need to trim the sear to work better with the trigger). tang, and some small parts on order from thegunworks.com, TOW and Dixie did not have what I was looking for. bid on a trigger guard on fleebay, plz let my recent luck on there hold out. (if not , going to call a place about 2hours from me that has the best prices on cast trigger guards and just shape one to fit).

going to put a cut to fit recoil pad on it. I can find the wadge pins local for pretty cheap.

it is going to be a fun project.

started out the night casting up some 9mm and 40s&w bullets.
pictured two night worth of casting. 88 keepers tonight of 9mm bullets. did not count what was in the bag before that.

C8839942-1A12-4E35-B9CD-A87461ADAEDC-8107-0000104C8EEBE944_zps45f4cacb.jpg

then the rest of the night was 2 hours of hand sanding the stock to remove most of the old finish. started with 100grit, when to 150grit then to 220 grit. almost think I should just put 10 coats of polyurethane on it and call it done. lol
AFDBED34-7C8A-43A6-9552-C5CBA4E7A2C9-8107-0000104CA54A7F09_zps9d1d17e8.jpg

good start, I am not going to do anything to the channel until I fit the barrel to it.
CF2250DD-AD81-46E3-B8F7-D39E4292A6B4-8107-0000104CDB985B79_zps239689d9.jpg

does anyone know what size screws I need to mount the tang, trigger guard and other small parts?

little water to show the grain that I found. not alot there from what I can see.

B9D6CDA1-72B4-44DC-84C3-221ED42DB9D2-8107-0000104CED21FFFD_zps68ef2603.jpg

Good pattern in the wood. I think i would add ONE coat of walnut stain, apply very lightly. I think that would really bring out the grain and highlight it.

Muley said:
What's with the corn?
Spoken like a true Yankee. Besides ingots they make excellent corn bread. :)

Spitfire: Do they use mealies to make corn bread there? or do they just cook yellow grits in that three-legged cast iron pot?

Yeah we normally make corn bread as a side dish when barbequeing ....The ones we cook in the cast iron pot is of the green variety :)

my tang, and Escutcheon came in today, I swear that thegunworks.com always has my order per packed and ready for the mail before I even order. ordered it on weds. came in on friday the same week, and across the country. can't even do that in state lol

trigger and lock came in. going to try to find some screw that will work. hope my local maw and pop is still open right now. do a mock up if I can.

just minus a trigger guard. seem like I was in that place on my last build

That will do Corey!!

Have you considered bedding the tang and wedge key area of the stock? It made a huge difference in the tang area on my Hawken. Keeps it firmly in place and a solid bed for it to rest on.

I little bit, once I break down and start carving the other stock for one of my inlines, I am going to bed it.

Looks kinda homey Pete ...If he cleans up now some parts of his gun might go missing ;)

Latest posts

Back