Reviews of Chronographs needed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ART338WM

Reaction score
I think it would be of immesurable assistance if those out there that own and use chronographs with regularity would post a good solid review and or evaluation of what thay own, as I like so many shooters got caught snoozing and did not buy a Oehler 35 before thay went the way of the T-Rex. I now am some what left adrift as to which of the chronos left should I buy and a objective review would most likely solve that problem not only for me but many others as well I am sure.

There are other threads in this forum and most MLers if not all feel the way I do, that for about $100.00 you can't find a better chronograph than ProChrono Digital Chronometer by Competition Electronics. The ProChrono Digital nets you nine shot strings, with data automatically compiled for each string: minimum/maximum velocities, standard and extreme deviations. It has velocity range of from 22 fps to 7000 fps.

Ditto on the ProChrono Digital... watch ebay and you can find a good deal sometimes. Otherwise they are about $100.

The top of the heap is the Oehler, unfortunately they no longer produce their Model 35 because they can't get the printer from Japan anymore. Their Model 43 Personal Ballistics Lab can be operated with only the velocity measuring equipment though (Dr. Ken Howell recommends this). Their stuff is pricey though.

jim

Back