S&W Airweight 38 CTG

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dedduc

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these guns? I have 2 of them and trying to get a value of them

Post a picture, so we know exactly what model you’re talking about.

Anyone know anything about these guns? I have 2 of them and trying to get a value of them
Bought this one used for the (wife) she lets me use it $550.00 4 yrs ago ( a S+W Custom shop) Gun smoke was the TV series where the dealer went to prison +P and carries like it's not there in case the GL 26 runs out/Ed

Attachments

• IMG_1226[1].JPG
    IMG_1226[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1227[1].JPG
    IMG_1227[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1228[1].JPG
    IMG_1228[1].JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1230[1].JPG
    IMG_1230[1].JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Looking at the cylinder latch and P+ most likely made after 1980. I had a broken latch on an “N” frame and it was replaced by the newer style latch. May have been in the late 80s.

What is the revision number? In the cylinder crane cut out of your frame, the model number is stamped...It'll have a dash some number. You should be able to get a good guesstimate of their age that way.
As a swag, I'd bet this century.
Do they have the internal hammer locks? Those were from the Clinton era, when Smith's parent company made an agreement with the gov, if I recall.

Looking at the cylinder latch and P+ most likely made after 1980. I had a broken latch on an “N” frame and it was replaced by the newer style latch. May have been in the late 80s.
It's from the 80s and they still make them with the Hillary hole lock if you want I bought one 3 years ago for the wife for her ccw. Nice grouping gun too.out to 10yrds. They now call it the airweight

I regret selling my little J frame S&W years ago. But eventually wound up with their .22lr and .22mag extra lightweight revolvers. The 22s weigh almost nothing. Plus the more current bodyguard in .38 special.

Back