Sako TRG 42

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nugbuk

Reaction score
I did not mean to hijack Chucks post on 10/22, so I spawn this thread.

Can I play? :think:

P5130086.jpg

JJ, I only had one box of ammo and shot it on 100,200 and 300 yard ranges.
Only I can say this gun shoot way better then I can. I need to go to school for that gun.
I will be loading and shooting this gun shortly and hopefully will have something to report. I also need to find a longer range.

Will your Honda be able handle the road when hauling that thing to the range :poke: :lol: 8) :shock:

I'm a little disappointed...I thought you were a Steyr Man! :D

You don't like the SSG?

VENISONEATR said:
Will your Honda be able handle the road when hauling that thing to the range :poke: :lol: 8) :shock:

I think it will. Along with all 85lb of you ML equipment. :lol:

Will your Honda be able handle the road when hauling that thing to the range

Jimmy..one thing is for sure...at least he KNOWS what a REAL vehicle is thanks to YOU! :wink: :lol:

http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/ubbc ... matebb.cgi

nugbuck, you might like this forum (or maybe ya know about it already). i kinda snoop around in there from time to time . . . from what i read, it looks like savage makes a real accurate rifle for tha money (tho the synthetic stock sux). those guys dont play around with their equipment :shock:

Thanks, n8dawg6.
I do know about that forum. It is a great place to pick up some usefull info.

nugbuk said:
Thanks, n8dawg6.
I do know about that forum. It is a great place to pick up some usefull info.

here's another one:

http://www.snipercentral.com/

i'd love to read his article on building an $800 tactical rifle (looks like a spray-painted savage w/ a replacement b&c stock in the picture), but ah dont want to pay the "membership" fee :D

do ya use ear protection w/ that .338 lapua :D ah noticed that ya have a barrett-esque muzzlebrake on there . . .

n8dawg6 said:
do ya use ear protection w/ that .338 lapua :D ah noticed that ya have a barrett-esque muzzlebrake on there . . .

Thanks for the link. I do use ear protection and it is mandatory on our range. I did not shoot it without the break, but with the break it is a very loud plinker.

nugbuk said:
big6x6 said:
I'm a little disappointed...I thought you were a Steyr Man! :D

You don't like the SSG?

Do they make it in 338LM?

I don't think so...I think .300 Win is their long-range cartridge... I wonder if I NEED a Steyr? :D

I saw a used Scout gun like Nug had at C-ville.... Woulda jumped on it but it was in .308 :cry:

.223 would have been perfect!

Latest posts

Back