Salmon Adobo

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
Just took a new spin on an old dish out of the oven where it braised for an hour.

I took a standard Filipino Adobo recipe for pork, added lots of garlic (1 tbsp minced in water, plus 3 big cloves, whole) & yellow onion (2 whole, sliced thin), 2 bay leaves, 1 tsp whole black peppercorns, 1 tsp whole allspice berries, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 1/4 c soy sauce, 1/4 c white vinegar, 3 individual serving packets of stevia sweetener, 1 ea. 11.8 oz. bottle of Safeway Signature Select Filipino Style Adobo Braising Sauce, 4 c water, 2 packets of Goya Chicken Bouillon powder, & 1 c brown rice.

Sauteed the onion, garlic, & spices in 2 tbsp EVOO, added the chicken stock, the bottled adobo sauce, the soy sauce, the vinegar, the stevia sweetener, and the brown rice. Brought to a boil. Then added about 1.25 pounds of skin-on frozen salmon fillets (4 each), defrosted only far enough to cut into 1/2" dice.

Brought back to a simmer, covered the sauce pot, and put into a 300° Fahrenheit oven for 60 minutes. Removed bay leaves. Up to the diner, whether, or not, they choose to eat the whole peppercorns & allspice berries. Myself, I eat them as a digestif.

Came out great.

Bon Appetit!!!!!!

By the way, unless you make your own chicken stock from scratch, like I used to do when I had the space to store it, frozen, or pressure canned, the Goya Chicken Bouillon powder is about as low in sodium as I have been able to find. 1 packet makes 2 cups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime you fix a batch!!!!!

It would be great over additional cooked rice, perhaps with some sweet pickled cukes, summer kimchi, or pickled ginger on the side.

Latest posts

Back