Shooters World Powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacksheep

Reaction score
All, I tried this again in my Traditions tracker . Using WEIGHED 100 gr charges which on my Franklin scale was about 73.1 average . Bullet was 250 gr Barnes tipped flat base two groups were 1.57 and 1.88 which is usual with this rifle. Using the red crush rib sabot cup was expanded and petals extended nicely all sabots were found in the same area 10-15 yds downrange. There was zero unburnt powder in any sabot . Powder was set off using CCI renactor musket caps.

Power is nowhere near fffg Swiss or 777 much more like ffg Pyrodex however using this setup very little fouling when I wiped after each shot.

So to sum up it appears cleaner no crud ring when set off by caps, not as powerful as other powders. Perhaps to the most glaring thing is in my observations this must be weighed for shot to shot consistency.

All, I tried this again in my Traditions tracker . Using WEIGHED 100 gr charges which on my Franklin scale was about 73.1 average . Bullet was 250 gr Barnes tipped flat base two groups were 1.57 and 1.88 which is usual with this rifle. Using the red crush rib sabot cup was expanded and petals extended nicely all sabots were found in the same area 10-15 yds downrange. There was zero unburnt powder in any sabot . Powder was set off using CCI renactor musket caps.

Power is nowhere near fffg Swiss or 777 much more like ffg Pyrodex however using this setup very little fouling when I wiped after each shot.

So to sum up it appears cleaner no crud ring when set off by caps, not as powerful as other powders. Perhaps to the most glaring thing is in my observations this must be weighed for shot to shot consistency.
All I’ve tried this again weighed charges out of an old CVA Optima V1 circa 2008 again I have to admit very good groups and very clean some fouling in the qla I wish I had a chronograph to know what the velo was. I think I may buy another bottle.

Latest posts

Back