Shooting 22LR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is another fun pass time for me. So out of curiosity I searched Youtube and watched this video:
I watched the entire video and although I haven't shot my bergara out to 400 yards I shot it out to 200 and it shot better than this Anschultz. And that was with CCI MiniMags Varmint and SK Standard Plus. I was curious about the Lapula Super Long Range 22LR ammo discussed on the video. From what I found its $225 per 500. Too salty for me. I'll stick with the CCIs and probably kill just as many critters and targets as the Lapula.

In my three .22s, a Ruger Mark 1, Savage 6A and Mossberg 46a, CCI standard velocity long rifles are the gold standard. Aguila Super extra 40s ( Eley primed. They smell like crazy glue when fired.) And Eley Contact are also outstanding!
It's nice that you don't HAVE to spend a mint for good results.

I just returned from the range, shot the cz 457 varmint 22 lr. Shot mostly CCI sv, a few sk rifle match, and a few federal hv match. Despite the wind it was a very good day.

In my three .22s, a Ruger Mark 1, Savage 6A and Mossberg 46a, CCI standard velocity long rifles are the gold standard. Aguila Super extra 40s ( Eley primed. They smell like crazy glue when fired.) And Eley Contact are also outstanding!
It's nice that you don't HAVE to spend a mint for good results.
I really like those Aguila Super Extras too. They shot great in my 10/22 and my mkiii.

Latest posts

Back