sunrise in 10.5 hours

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a bird is down

Late start but we didnt really miss fly down - we got responses immediately to our call twice from the same spot off behind our set up

Had a bunch of 2 year old jakes/toms come thru but hung up at about 40 yards out, no decoys set up After they unassed the area we quickly got a few decoys out and set back up

30 minutes later, same group came back but came in close. Saw a few decent beards and I dropped the hammer on a nice young tom with a beard just over 6" and about 1" spurs (my bird last spring had a slightly bigger beard but was spurless). Lost a few tail feathers while doing the flop

IMG_0617.jpeg

And a bird is down

Late start but we didnt really miss fly down - we got responses immediately to our call twice from the same spot off behind our set up

Had a bunch of 2 year old jakes/toms come thru but hung up at about 40 yards out, no decoys set up After they unassed the area we quickly got a few decoys out and set back up

30 minutes later, same group came back but came in close. Saw a few decent beards and I dropped the hammer on a nice young tom with a beard just over 6" and about 1" spurs (my bird last spring had a slightly bigger beard but was spurless). Lost a few tail feathers while doing the flop

View attachment 38536
It was a pleasure Turkey hunting with you again brother.
You did good.
We had an awesome morning, Turkey hunting at its finest.

Back