TC Impact will not shoot. looking for ideas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you check the stock screw if it’s not tight the receiver will move I have an Omega and missed a buck because it loosened and I did not check it . What I meant is way to much cleaning and worrying about breech plug. To clean breechplug use drill bit, a can of compressed air and a weld tip. I have bp rifles for almost ten years same breech plug and in the case of my Rossi it shoots tighter now than when I bought because I finally found a load that will place 3 shots inside of 1.25 inches all day long . No matter how much you clean that barrel the only true clean cold shot is going to be that first one after a though cleaning especially with bp because some sulphur is going to remain in that barrel.

Ok, the saga is over - for me.....
I went out Thanksgiving morning with a handful of charges "weighed by volume" - As in 90 grain 2f by volume dumped onto a scale and all charges trickled to be exactly the same. Took green harvester sabots and Hornady XTP's. left breech plug in, damp windex and 2 dry patched between shots. Popped 2 caps to clear flash hole after patching. Produced a 5 shot 3" group...... Good enough to feel good about sending it down the road if I get an offer.

On to the next project:
I picked up an original Knight DISC for a song and dance last week. EGW is sending me a scope base and I have the Lehigh bare primer Breech Plug and adapter in hand...... that one will be its' own thread.

I had the same problem with my Impact.the problem was a result of a rock in the barrel.the barrel hinge pin holes were poorly machined.the hinge pin was sloppy.put the gun stock in a vice then grab the end of the barrel and move it up and down and back and forth.If you feel or see any movement you may have the same problem.Before I found the problem I tried everything you did with no success.I bough a new hinge pin and a different barrel and that did not work.TC arms was no help because the were bought by S&W and would not take any guns for repair.I counted my losses then I bought a knight Vision freedom and I couldnt be happier.

Back