the pellet rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snapbang, once you cross over to "the dark side" (PCP airguns, in airgunner speak) you'll never go back.
LOL. Thanks for the advice. But maybe you made it harder to resist. I thought the .177 Prowler would be enough. Now I have the .22 Beeman. I think I may already be over the event horizon of the rabbit hole. Moving slowly down but will likely pick up speed soon. LOL

Over the years i purchased and gave away 5 Sherdian 5mm/ 20cal. 5 pumps and they are deadly. Killed hundreds of rabbits and a few Hares in Germany with one. Got a Crossman PCP .22 and a Sheriadian in the drawer to rebuild and a Benjamin Marauder PCP in .22 coming tomarrow. Time to aquire an electric pump. I will take advice to heart.

You are heading down another rabbit hole!
Hey, it's all rabbit holes in our world isn't it. It aint a bad place to be when I look around me. Bows, rifles, fishing poles. We pay our money and take our pick. I love all of it and the folks I meet along the way. And yes, I have an old German pellet gun along with my Knights, TC's, Savages, Mausers and a bunch of other stuff too.

We call 'em Air rifles here. If you "can" find a BSA Standard with an "S" or"T" prefix No. in .22 you don't need a scope. Bunnies at 50+. Have you tried your PCP with .22 Short bullet tips yet. At 2700 psi they are very lethal to 80yds. O.D.

You are in a deep load of trouble when you hit the PCP arena. .

I love my PCP's. . .

I have the FX Impact m3. I hate the body style AR, but love the accuracy.
I have the Evanix Rainstorm 2. Very nice, accurate and powerful.
I have the Hatsan Elite 65 SB. Accurate, nice, good feel to it.
I have the RAW in 357Cal. goes right through 2x4's like butter.
I have the Recluse in 357. I had to do a trigger job on that one, but it is very accurate and nice.

If I do not shoot the PCP's, my Favorite break barrel is the HW30s. It is good out to about
30 yards. Expect less than 1inch groups at 30 yards. Shot at 50 yards, and had a couple
of 1.3 to 1.5 inch groups. But most are around 2 to 2.5 with a vertical splatter from
differentiation of power between shots. Out of the barrel, it shoots about 620fps,
by the time it gets to 30yards or 50 yards, it probably has dropped quite a bit.

We call 'em Air rifles here. If you "can" find a BSA Standard with an "S" or"T" prefix No. in .22 you don't need a scope. Bunnies at 50+. Have you tried your PCP with .22 Short bullet tips yet. At 2700 psi they are very lethal to 80yds. O.D.
In the UK we call them air rifles, air guns and pellet guns. I grew up with them, all shooting to a max of 495 fps. The gun laws are so tight there that air rifles have a huge following. Right now I have a Diana 34 that I bought and repaired but as a kid I had Hw's & BSA's. I have never tried PCP rifles but I can see the attraction. Again, Rabbit holes !!

This rifle is the Air Arms TX200 22cal. It has a vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24x50 FFP scope on it. These are the easiest rifles to rebuild. After 8000 rounds I dropped in new guts and it was back to shooting like new.
This rifle has killed well over 1200 Rock Chucks.

Attachments

• 20190216_083541.jpg
    20190216_083541.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20190311_154511.jpg
    20190311_154511.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20190321_182306.jpg
    20190321_182306.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20190417_184117.jpg
    20190417_184117.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 1
That TX2000 is nice! Love the underlever guns…no barrel movement. Will have to save my shekels for one.

I got my pellets and have been shooting the Beeman RS2. I only have the .22 caliber version cause I bought it cheap in an auction. ($59.00) FYI it shoots the crosman 14.3 hollow points at 750 fps and the 21.14 grain H&N at 617 fps. I took it out to trump tower to take a nap and maybe kill a squirrel but they either didn't show or I slept through their arrival. Anyway, I wanted to test accuracy so took 5 shots with the Crosman. At 20 yards 3 hit directly on top of each othe so they were all touching, 1 hit 1/2 inch left and 1 hit 1/2 inch right. The 2 wide shots were probably me. Good cheap entertainment. Looking forward to a squirrel showing up.

This rifle is the Air Arms TX200 22cal. It has a vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24x50 FFP scope on it. These are the easiest rifles to rebuild. After 8000 rounds I dropped in new guts and it was back to shooting like new.
This rifle has killed well over 1200 Rock Chucks.
After a two year dry spell of no #11 caps I really got a lot of good use out of my RWS 3500. Cheap fun!

I cut my teeth with a Sheridan 5mm but stumbled upon a Beeman R9 in 20 cal. a couple years back and am really impressed with it's performance and accuracy.
You guys look like I've gotta pay attention here and learn from your experience.
Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back