This never ceases to amaze me!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omega

Reaction score
I find the little plastic nose cone everytime it seems!
SW%20tip.jpg

I found this one in my mulie below, the usual load got me a pass through at 172 yards.
Rich%20mule%202005.jpg

Sandi shot her buck with a sweet spine shot at 150 yards and also got a pass through. What a great season so far!
Sandi%20Mule%202005.jpg

Looks like you need to think about changing your name to Encore. :wink:

Seriously though, some nice animals there. :D

I'm leaving on Sunday to chase the wiley Muley in the Great Sandhills. Its been 5 years since I've been back, so I'm really hyped. Your photos have got my blood flowing! Nice bucks by the way!

AWESOME deer Rich! Just awesome! I'd be proud of either from anywhere ANY day!

I really don't know how you killed them with such a fragile bullet however! :wink:

Congratulations on the fine Harvest. :) What's up with the 200grn SST/ShockWave???? I havent heard you talking about them. SheepHunter was using them for awhile. What have been your results???

big6x6 said:
I really don't know how you killed them with such a fragile bullet however! :wink:

I know! I'm terrified of the potential explosion every time I pull the trigger. That is still one of the silliest things I've ever read.
:lol:
I'll tell you what that buck of mine was a hoss! 320lb with the guts on the ground! :shock: There was a far larger bodied buck with him but just a 4x3.

Grouse said:
Congratulations on the fine Harvest. :) What's up with the 200grn SST/ShockWave???? I havent heard you talking about them. SheepHunter was using them for awhile. What have been your results???

These are shot with 250 Shockwaves. Sandi tells me that I'm a "summer" and that yellow is a better color for me than red. :shock: I ran out of the red tipped ones and the store had yellow tipped ones so I bought em. They work.

I set one of my Omegas (thumbhole) up for the 200 SW, I've only killed 4 deer with them so I dunno what to say. The gun goes boom and the deer die, the only bullet I've seen back was out of the moose that Sheep's wife shot. The seem to work.

My Black Diamond XR loves 110 grains and the 200 & 250 grain Shockwaves. Maybe that is a Thompson Center thing. I have never found them to shoot well out of my Knight rifles.. maybe I have the wrong charge under them.

GREAT LOOKING DEER THERE PEOPLE... WOW!! That must be something to shoot something that big. It would take months for the smile to wear off my face...

congratulations to both of you.. excellent job!!!

two very nice bucks what kind of scope are you using and rings and bases . i got a new pro hunter ML trying to get it setup

thanks jim :yeah:

Nice BUCK Rich...I see you are shooting your older Encores. Sandi "drop tine buck" is a monster as well.

Choc-dog

Latest posts

Back