Thompson Center Scout inline 209 conversion?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liquidorange

Reaction score
ive read all the info on this newly picked up ancient inline. i know the barrel isint a direct to powder type having a vent space cavity but would like to get it to shoot Blackhorn 209.ive seen one other search where the person converted the old Scout nipple to 1/4 28 thread to be able to use the Pedersoli type 209 nipples. i have a few Mag SPark 1/4 28 nipples and was thinking to have my Scout nipples converted. any thoughts would be great.

Do not attempt to shoot BH 209 in that gun.   BH 209 is for use in closed breech guns.   At the very least BH 209 would re-cock the hammer of the Scout after firing.  The shooter could get a jet of hot gas in the face.

i didnt think blow back would be an issue.the pedersoli and mag spark nipples let you put the 209 primer in the pocket then a cover cap screws down on top. there are also vent holes on this gun. also for those who shoot these scouts are # 11 mag percussion primers any better to use than regular <a href='/tags/11-s' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11-s'>#11-s</a>.  i may be over thinking things but i just like to use the same powder in most of my muzzleloaders. i  use the 209 mag spark nipples on all my side locks and have been spoiled using Black Horn 209 in them.

Back