Tonights bowhunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I let two does walk tonight because they had a NICE buck ghosting them
The does fed 20 yards from me for fifteen minutes looking back every now and then.
I was waiting for the buck.
He never came in and they moved off.

An old man once told me
"When you have a LEGAL deer in shooting range,SHOOT"

Here is my kill for tonight
4'6" Diamondback. 9 rattles and 1 button
I shot him with my 38 that I keep in my back pocket.
I shot him in the body so I can mount him.

I just got permission to buy snake boots,Imagine that

Diamondback.jpg

Diamondback1.jpg

Diamondback3.jpg

Lets be careful out there

Snakes are cool. I really like them. But if I lived where you do, I'd be wearing snake boots and be real careful where I sit. Look before you step, and good luck with the deer hunting too.

Are you going to eat that? I was out west once and "tasted" rattlesnake. It did not taste like chicken. But if I were hungry, I could eat that.

I don't like snakes and am glad I live where I do. There ain't none, except for the odd garter snake and I rarely see them. In my opinion the only good snake is a dead one. Good job on making that a good one :wink:

Holy Cow :!: :!: Watch your step :!:

I always am looking in S.E. Oklahoma when creeping around rocks or over down trees.

Saw a snake lastweek and tried to harvest it with my longbow. Either he was too skinny :D or my shooting needs more practice. :oops:

I've spent 4 days wandering a hunting area and seen 3 rattlers so far - from 6 to 16 or 18 inches. 2 were pigmy's and one was irritated. The dinky one was a timber or eastern diamondback - such a pretty little critter.

I have the boots and would prefer chaps...may make the run to Bass Pro this evening.

Better luck on that buck next time out!

I'm just trying to get within range of any old deer...got 1 more 3-day hunt coming up.

Back