Track of the Wolf Kit?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shguns

Reaction score
Anyone on here ever buy and build a Track of the Wolf kit gun?
I would like to try building their Plains half stock Hawken, Either the Bridger or Carson model would work for me. Not inexpensive though.
Thanks,
Scott

The word ?Kit? is an OxyMoron IMHO, as the "KIT". Should be replaced with the words PARTS SET IMHO.

Dave the owner of Track of the Wolf, and his staff are very helpful if you contact them via telephone. This assembling of a kit is not an easy task for novice builders. So the reason I suggest you contact Track of the Wolf via phone, is to get the real scoop in what tools are necessary, skill level, and last skills one needs to process if you are going to build up one of there PARTS SETS. Into something you will be proud of.

For a first build I might suggest an IN THE WHITE GUN, where you get to do the disassembly, finish of parts, finally assembly, and staining, but most everything is fitted well into shape when it arrives.

I am the type of person who could take a $450.00-$700.00 Parts Set, and turn it into about $20.00 worth of scrap.

My hunting buddy bought a Track of the Wolf kit. It is a flintlock in 36 caliber. Some of the kits are easier to build than others. From what I have heard the half stocks are hardest. My buddy's turned out pretty good, but he also has more talent than many. He had also done a TC Hawken kit years ago. Before you buy spend some time talking to them about the project. Also you need to get several of the books and DVD's that help explain what you need to know prior to starting. If needed Track will install several items for you if you do not have the proper tools. The time you spend in the research mode will pay off in the end results.

They probably don't have any kits that have all their parts. I tried several times to buy one and never did because they always had something on back order.

Back