Triple Deuces

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
I've got an old Rem 722 with a 26" barrel that I'd like to start load development for... Any bullet/load recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also I'd like to ask opinions on this cartridges lethality on coyotes inside 200 yards...
Thanks in advance guys!

Jim I had an old Sako years ago in .222 and it was a shooter! I never kept it long as I was an FFL dealer in those days and sold it pretty quick and never loaded for it. But you wont have any trouble killing a yote with it under 200, thats a no brainer, which I am of course highly qualified to answer :lol:

What a nice rifle/caliber! The .222 Remington USED to be THE caliber for benchrest competition! You shouldn't have any accuracy problems! I've never loaded for it but if you handed me one tomorrow I'd start with Sierras accuracy load which is a 53gr HP MatchKing #1400/24.6gr IMR-4895.

Do you have dies? If you have not tried a Forster die you need to! The Forester Benchrest Seater die is the best seating die out there! You'll go CRAZY over it! Their Ultra seater die is the same die with an easy to adjust micrometer seating depth adjustment. It IS the cats meow! And yes they DO make it in .222 Remington!

http://www.forsterproducts.com/store/default.aspx

big6x6 said:
The Forester Benchrest Seater die is the best seating die out there! You'll go CRAZY over it! Their Ultra seater die is the same die with an easy to adjust micrometer seating depth adjustment. It IS the cats meow!
http://www.forsterproducts.com/store/default.aspx

It's real easy to get spoiled with those dies Chuck! I gotta set for my 6.5 Swede and I love them. I have set of old Lyman dies for the .222 but I may be upgrading real quick...

Thanks Dwight and JJ your opinions I value and appreciate.

Latest posts

Back