Tripod for long range hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chwebmaker

Reaction score
I've been using a Harris 27" bipod for more than 20 years. Primarily for deer hunting in Virginia. The bipod has allowed me to shoot accurately out past 200 yards. I recently picked up a new hunting lease where the ground isn't as flat and has rolls in the fields making it more difficult to use a bipod when kneeling. Planning on getting something that I can stand and shoot with. Seems to be a lot of options for tripods out there. Anyone have first hand experience that can recommend a great tripod to shoot from?

All I can say is buy a good one. I just picked one up and now I'm kicking myself for buying a cheapish one. Get a nice gun clamp mount for it right away as well. Much nicer then the shooting yokes they come with.

When I hunt it depends on the location I’ve always use a ghillie.
if it’s flat i use a bipod if it hilly I use a tripod.
3 years ago I got the primos trigger stick and bought the rifle stand on top separate, this is what I use if it’s hilly I’m sure there might be better set up out there but I didn’t feel like hunting around online for one.
Got this at bass pro.it has work well for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpeg
    IMG_1106.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Tripod and Bipod I use the Gunwerks and Rugged Ridge Bipods. I tend to lean more towards the Gunwerks. As far as tripods go, I use a Revic. Lightweight, great shooting platform, I use it for my rifle, binoculars and spotting scope.

Latest posts

Back