Utah Muzzy Reg Change

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only point this out because it'd be real hard to compare the two states and their respective regulations. I'm just driving the point home. Utah won't become Michigan. It'd be near impossible... Even for comparison.
I was just joking cuz it seems this thread is getting a lil heated.
I didnt mean Utah could become Michigan. Just meant that they could have made much worse reg changes.

Guys can we just get back to trashing the Utah DWR? 😜
All they do is care about making money in the name of “opportunity”. Who can disagree with that?! 😁

Which in this case seems to not be true, so maybe I’m up in the night! 😂

A few years back IA allowed pistol and rimless cartridges of 35 caliber to 50 caliber be allowed in deer rifles. I am interested in tinkering with a suppressed 8.6 blackout for hunting but since it is 338 caliber, it does not meet the requirements. I called DNR to inquire about getting the definition changed somehow to include the 8.6 BLK. They told me the DNR had absolutely nothing to do with the new rules and was not consulted at all by the state legislature. I was shocked, but I guess not surprised, that this change had nothing to do with wildlife and all to do with politics. The process to change the law going forward is so bureaucratic I dropped the whole idea. It may change at some point, but not in my lifetime. Good luck UT.

Last edited:
A few years back IA allowed pistol and rimless cartridges of 35 caliber to 50 caliber be allowed in deer rifles. I am interested in tinkering with a suppressed 8.6 blackout for hunting but since it is 338 caliber, it does not meet the requirements. I called DNR to inquire about getting the definition changed somehow to include the 8.6 BLK. They told me the DNR had absolutely nothing to do with the new rules and was not consulted at all by the state legislature. I was shocked, but I guess not surprised, that this change had nothing to do with wildlife and all to do with politics. The process to change the law going forward is so bureaucratic I dropped the whole idea. It may change at some point, but not in my lifetime. Good luck UT.
Same thing here. The DNR doesn't make up the rules or laws, it done by what is called the Natural Resources Commission. All political.

Last edited:
Back