Wacked another one this evening!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franksauto

Reaction score
Nothing big. Just a small 140# 6 point. I have only been in the woods 5 times this season and have been pretty lucky. Usually I have to sit for about 30 or 40 hours before even seeing one. Anyway heres the story, not much to tell. I jumped a doe 40 yards from stand on my way in for a 2 hour sit. Sat for an hour and 40 minutes without seeing even a squirel. Last 1/2 hour, prime time! OH-NO! I had to cough a few times. Great! Hunts over time to go home! I decided to stay till dark. 5 minutes later here he comes up the trail. Standing only 20 yards away broadside and wack. I got a deflect but he dropped on the spot. OK heres the best part and this is the truth. I was running late this afternoon and did not have time to take a shower. I had on Axe under arm and Tag body spray from earlier in the day. Same deal last week when I shot a doe. No joke. I think this combo may just be my new cover scent. Here are a couple pics. I cant wait till out ML season, I got the itch bad.
Frank

DSC00010.jpg

That's a great looking buck. Perfect for eating too. As for your cover scent.. if it works for the deer and the ladies, sounds like a win win situation. :D :D

Congratulations on the deer...

that arrow did a big job on it's throat ...first time i see that much damage with an arrow ???????

black powder said:
that arrow did a big job on it's throat ...first time i see that much damage with an arrow ???????
It's just a small hole. Blood ran down the deers neck and makes it look like a long gash. Here's another picture.

DSC00004.jpg

Back