Warne or Leupold Rings ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leupold Mark4 rings. They are the strongest Leupold has.

For reference............ I used them on a BP Xpress shooting 180grs of T7 and 300gr bullets. They did not fail.
Don't buy Leupold standard mounts and rings.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong in general with either for the average guy. (It is much easier to keep a scope level when mounting though with horizontal split rings instead of vertical.)

Signature has the inserts. I've used them on a Mauser scope set-up where things were a bit wonky.

The ZEE ring is a rock-solid sum b***h.

It's all I use on many, many, rifles and they've never failed to perform.

They'll both serve you well with proper mounting, I really like the Warne bases with Burris Signature Zee rings. The delron inserts nulify any small misalignment issues and they don't leave ring marks on the scope.

Signature has the inserts. I've used them on a Mauser scope set-up where things were a bit wonky.

The ZEE ring is a rock-solid sum b***h.

It's all I use on many, many, rifles and they've never failed to perform.
Burris rings came highly recommended when I first got my single shot pistol. The ones I had must have slipped through Quality inspection. Scope would move and didn't fit the base quite right. So, I switched from Burris rings to Warne rings. The reason for my first post.

Back