Wasn't very pretty

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redclub

Reaction score
I went out this morning for the final turkey season,I didn't score on the first two seasons. Any way I was sitting there having a cigar to keep the skeeters away and watching 5 bucks in the field when I turned around a Tom was looking at me He had me, as he started to run away I shot at his head and he rolled over and started kicking. Low and behold he got up and flew across the wet planted field. After a couple of hours of searching I went up to the house and got a dog and went for a look it took about an hour and the dog flushed the turkey (no shot possible or legal). Bird flew across the field again and landed in the woods. I went to put dog away. Then I did a stalk were I thought he was and I jumped it however this time I got a shot and down he came when he hit the ground I gave him another one. I was not proud at all that all this took place but I did feel a little satisfaction that I didn't give up on a wounded bird.
It was not a very large bird with a 5" beard but for an old man good enough.
Ken

It also makes me sick when I wound a bird and don't get it. :oops: I usually take it pretty hard on myself and re-live the shot a thousand times to see where I went wrong. :x It?s almost like it haunts you the rest of your life, especially when hunting near the same spot.

Good job on the bird recovery, you really earned it.

Back