What are you guys paying for pics and what is the best bundle price for multi cameras?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Wanting to by some new up to date, trail cams that send pics to your phone. Just wondering what is a good kind to buy and why? As well as paying for multi cam pics as well.. any input would sure be appreciated. Ty shorty…

I bought 5 Tactacam cameras last year and I had them on the Pro plan which is $13 a month for one and you save $1 on each additional camera. There are other plans priced at $8 and $5 per cam, per month and I might try one of those this year. I bought a couple more cameras after the season so I now have 7 of them.

I’ve done a bit more investigating on the Tactacam site and I think I’m going to try the $5 per cam, per month starter plan this year. That gets you 250 photos per month, per cam but the photos are “pooled”, so if you have 4 cams it’s $20 a month for 1,000 photos and it doesn’t matter which cam they come from. If your cams take videos it’s $5 to receive 50 videos.
For what it’s worth, my Tactacams are the “XB” model.

Thank you both for the great input. A question for ElDiablo, is that per camera? Or once you get the app all cameras are pooled together for one price?

I’ve done a bit more investigating on the Tactacam site and I think I’m going to try the $5 per cam, per month starter plan this year. That gets you 250 photos per month, per cam but the photos are “pooled”, so if you have 4 cams it’s $20 a month for 1,000 photos and it doesn’t matter which cam they come from. If your cams take videos it’s $5 to receive 50 videos.
For what it’s worth, my Tactacams are the “XB” model.
Going to investigate these also, so far this seems to be the best price i have heard of. This plan of yours comes from Tactacam with any phone model, like at & t or Verizon i take it?

Your phone carrier has nothing to do with which carrier you use for cell cams. Get whichever one has the best service where you plan to put the cameras. The Tactacam SB”s come with both SIM cards and you use whichever gets the best signal, I don’t know about their other models.

Thank you both for the great input. A question for ElDiablo, is that per camera? Or once you get the app all cameras are pooled together for one price?
That’s per camera. Nice thing is you can change or cancel service by month. So no annual commitments or wasted money. I believe SPYPOINT is the only company to give you the first 100 pics free each month. Most of the time I don’t use 100, so it doesn’t cost me anything to run 6 cams. And of course you can change the camera settings remotely from the app.

Depending on where you are using them, the cam may get better Verizon or ATT service. I have the older models that are one or the other. The newer models have two SIM cards in each camera and will work on either network.

Last edited:
I run 12 Tactacams on Pro Plan
1 Spartan Go Live for instant live video and my hunting partner runs about 12 more tactacams and 2 Spatan Go Lives.You finally can share cameras on tactacam so if you hunt with someone you can split the cost.I think the most we had at one time was 32.
I ran 8 additional SPYPOINT until they made them obsolete by changing the service. I use the as " Dummy" cameras now. Make them easy to spot while the " live" camera is getting your pick trespassing or taking my dummy camera. My bills usually exceed $200 a month

Been using Spypoints for several years and don't have any complaints. Had an issue with one and got on their chat lline and they had me run it through some tests and determined that it had gone bad. Sent me a new one for free. One I have run all year for two years and works great, just had to change out batteries. Eight AA batteries will last 5-6 months, depending on how many pictures it takes.

I’m currently running 5 Spartan GoCams, and when my plan renews in September, my bill will be $439.99 which breaks down to $88/camera per year or $7.33/month per camera for basically unlimited pictures.
I got away from AA batteries about a year and a half ago, and all my Spartans are on external batteries and solar panels and are in the field year around.
Here’s little fawn from this afternoon praying for a little more height.
IMG_1631.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m currently running 5 Spartan GoCams, and when my plan renews in September, my bill will be $439.99 which breaks down to $88/camera per year or $7.33/month per camera for basically unlimited pictures.
I got away from AA batteries about a year and a half ago, and all my Spartans are on external batteries and solar panels and are in the field year around.
Here’s little fawn from this afternoon praying for a little more height.
View attachment 35717
Do not understand what you are describing to us? What is the difference between internal batteries and external batteries besides in and out? Could you not just run the internal batteries and a solar panel? Pretty green at this if you cannot tell.

If you have your cameras in the woods a solar panel isn’t of much use. You can set cameras up with a larger external battery so they’ll run longer than the internal set.

Personally, I have my cameras on public land and I want them as small as possible so they’re less likely to be seen, so I don’t use solar panels or external anything. I still seem to have about one camera a year walk away.

Do not understand what you are describing to us? What is the difference between internal batteries and external batteries besides in and out? Could you not just run the internal batteries and a solar panel? Pretty green at this if you cannot tell.
I’ve been using game cameras and experimenting since the mid 90’s, and I know ALOT of thing that don’t work. A solar panel won’t charge or even really maintain a AA battery, and believe me, I’ve tried every conceivable way to make it work. What I found is that the solar panels I used would slow the draw during the day when the panel was getting sun. At night it was all on the batteries. With just lithium AA batteries, my cell cams would go dead in 5-7 days depending on the number of pictures sent. With a solar panel, I could extend that to 2 weeks+/-. Living 500 miles from my cameras, I can’t just run out after work to swap out AA batteries, so I would end up with a week or two or three of no pictures.
I‘m currently using 42ah batteries and cheap solar panels, and in the year and a half I’ve used them, the meter on my battery has never dropped below 100% charge. I was told by someone at Spartan that what I’m doing wouldn’t work, but she was trying to sell me their battery box set up.
There are some newer solar panels on the market that have a built in battery, but I already had my set up working when I learned about them and haven’t tried them.
My place in Oklahoma is pretty open, so I used to set up a post wherever I wanted to put a camera, but I started building metal frames to hold a camera that are more portable.
Here’s what my camera locations look like.
65947317615__4BA41DB4-3214-4895-8EC7-65AB61E5C334.jpeg
IMG_2759.jpeg
IMG_2760.jpeg
IMG_3348.jpeg
IMG_2785.jpeg

Latest posts

Back