I got scammed :(

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my president, your president... i dont give $#!t. Everyone involved in the transaction is happy, otherwise ive got a chainsaw and a shovel...
btw, leave off the politics
I totally agree with you, but fear things are changing. Sorry about the "your". He's not my president either.

Current word from my tax guy is all incoming transaction exceeding $600 may trigger a 1099K in Jan 2023.

Effective 2/1/2022. Not 600 on one transaction but 600 and up in total. Once you are over 600 in incoming revenue these third party facilitators will issue a 1099K. PayPal sent me an email wanting a tax ID number/SS number. I told them it wasn't going to happen. They told me that in the near future my ability to receive money would be discontinued w/o a tax ID#. Auction/sales sites/PayPal/Venmo, ect. Everybody will have to be careful how they sell their stuff. I'm back to money orders and face to face cash.

Some major corporations pay nothing in taxes but I'm going to have to pay taxes on my used lawn mower I sell through Ebay.

Effective 2/1/2022. Not 600 on one transaction but 600 and up in total. Once you are over 600 in incoming revenue these third party facilitators will issue a 1099K. PayPal sent me an email wanting a tax ID number/SS number. I told them it wasn't going to happen. They told me that in the near future my ability to receive money would be discontinued w/o a tax ID#. Auction/sales sites/PayPal/Venmo, ect. Everybody will have to be careful how they sell their stuff. I'm back to money orders and face to face cash.

Some major corporations pay nothing in taxes but I'm going to have to pay taxes on my used lawn mower I sell through Ebay.

This is already changing folks lives and lively hoods. When PP, zelle, venmo and all the CC companies feel the pinch it may change. Also my bank has started to list all deposits as "income" so theres that.

Should move this to the "feedback section" now imo. Its not fair to people selling stuff that this keeps getting bumped.

Guess more than $600 and your a business? Ebay is warning that over $600 they will have to have your SS# for reporting.

only if for goods and/or services. If I don’t trust a guy to be honest, I’m not doing business with him. If I do trust, then I don’t have an issue sending friends and family. No matter how you pay, if it’s a scam, you ain’t getting your money back 99% of the time so…

I stepped away because I had a bad experience with someone claiming I did them wrong, I didn't know all this was here so I'd just like to come back and defend my name here y'all. There's a reason my account was reinstated on the other site and never banned here. I didn't scam anyone, it was a very unfortunate situation but it was worked out. God Bless America!

Retiredusn…. Funny , Glance at other site
I stepped away because I had a bad experience with someone claiming I did them wrong, I didn't know all this was here so I'd just like to come back and defend my name here y'all. There's a reason my account was reinstated on the other site and never banned here. I didn't scam anyone, it was a very unfortunate situation but it was worked out. God Bless America

Different site, but potentially similar. I posted a WTB add, reloading brass. The thing I wonder, is it worth scamming a guy over $100? I could see $500 on a gun or something.
In my case I just sent an offer for an explanation or refund before the next step.

Latest posts

Back