What do you carry with you in the field?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLC

Reaction score
This will be my first year hunting with an inline (50 Omega.)

What equipment do you carry into the field with you relating to your in-line. I figure I'll carry powder, sabots, and projectiles for five shots which should be more than sufficient. I'll also carry extra primers, a few patches, and my ramrod extension to swab the bore between shots should I happen to need more than one.

What else do you carry?

How do you carry your loose powder or pellets to keep them water proof?

What kind of bag or container do you use for all this gear?

Anything else that might be helpful?

Thanks.

mlgear.jpg

Here's a picture of the gear I use.

What I leave in the car is my range box for the appropriate muzzleloader. Each muzzleloader I have has it's own range box with all the neccesary items for the rifle. This contains all the stuff I need for the rifle to clean it and shoot it. I also carry with me a possibles bag which contains: wet/dry patches in film containers, speed loaders (the orange), a short starter, a jag, a pill bottle with primers, and a scope protector. If I make any shots I can refill from the range box without making a trip home. I also have a backpack I take all my regular hunting items in. In the backpack is a spare ramrod and my bipod.

Latest posts

Back