What do you stay in when you are hunting?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimA

Reaction score
What kind of camp do you hunt out of? I used a travel trailer for 20 years and tents before that. I am using a pop up now. I have a 3.5 hour drive to the spot I hunt most often. I don't own any land so a cabin is not an option.

Jim

Where I hunt is only 20 minutes from my house so I just hunt from home.

Well I've stayed in every kind of arrangement IMAGINABLE!

1. Of course I stay at home when I hunt down the road!
2. Wall tent five hours north, BY HORSE, of Wolcott, CO! :cry:
3. Cabin in the middle of no where close to Livingston, MT.
4. My Bros travel trailer at his hunting club.
5. Super 8 in Laramie, WY! :wink:
6. Lodge in Hayden, CO.
Other lodges, camps.....

I hunt primarily out of my Camp in Northern PA. Built in 1956 by my Dad and Grandfather. My Mom gave to me in 1987 when my Dad passed away.

No running water but got elec couple years ago.

Pic of Cabin

Scan0011_0011.jpg

Pic of Very Important Building on property :lol:

scan.jpg

Thanks Jim. I have one acre which is worth more than the Cabin. 3 years ago i ripped the ole tar paper off roof and put shingles on. Man, i hated tarin that roof every couple years. I have a 29' RV i may take up there if camp ever collapses.

Last month when I was down at Loshbough's in TN I felt like i was at the Hilton! Not used to such nice hunting accomodations. :D

Loggy said:
3 years ago i ripped the ole tar paper off roof and put shingles on. Man, i hated tarin that roof every couple years.

:roll:

Loggy said:
Last month when I was down at Loshbough's in TN I felt like i was at the Hilton! Not used to such nice hunting accomodations. :D

I have got to try that one of these days. I was turkey hunting down in that area several years ago at Wilderness Hunting Lodge and had several close encounters with hogs. I sure love pork and I hear those hogs eat real good. :)

Thanks Loggy. I wasn't sure how to post a pic so I just stuck a link to it.

Jim

Your welcome Jim. Nice lookin truck & Pop-up there. I bet you dont even know its behind ya when towin. I have a 29' Coachman Travel Trailer weighin bout 6,000 lbs. I know its behind me for sure. :D May downsize cause Kidos are grown up and dont need such a big unit.

Loggy said:
I hunt primarily out of my Camp in Northern PA. Built in 1956 by my Dad and Grandfather. My Mom gave to me in 1987 when my Dad passed away.

No running water but got elec couple years ago.

Pic of Cabin

Scan0011_0011.jpg

Pic of Very Important Building on property :lol:

scan.jpg

Nice Loggy. That's all you need hunting. 8)

Loggy said:
Your welcome Jim. Nice lookin truck & Pop-up there. I bet you dont even know its behind ya when towin. I have a 29' Coachman Travel Trailer weighin bout 6,000 lbs. I know its behind me for sure. :D May downsize cause Kidos are grown up and dont need such a big unit.

You are right, I forget its back there sometimes. That never happened when I pulled my Sunline 20 footer. I haven't used it in real nasty weather yet so I might wish for something a little more substantial later, but for now it serves the purpose. With just me and the wife, its fun in the summer and works OK for good weather fall huntin. 8) The truck is a 2003 Ford Sport Trac . I really like it. My wife has a new one and loves hers too. Very handy for haulin' 5 people and a couple of deer fit just fine in the bed. :D

I can walk out my front door and kill a deer, so I stay at my house.

My House

In about a month I will be in my house, then this hunting season I'll be able to walk out my back door, and go Hunting. Don't know what happen but now I can Post. Lou

Man, I envy you guys that can hunt out of your house. Where I grew up in Maine I could do that. I sure miss those days. :cry: On the bright side there are more hunting ops now and a little travel time is the price to be paid.

Jim

There are some areas here in York County I could drive to & hunt within 1/2 hour of my house. Likely there are more deer and nicer buck there than up in Sullivan County where my Huntin Camp is. Mrs. Loggy is always NAGGIN me bout drivin 150 miles up North and staying away for several days at my Huntin Camp when she sees nice Bucks in the local news etc etc etc. & reads how great huntin is locally.

Nuff said! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loggy I hear ya, Where I live there is plenty of deer right out the back door.Some dandy's too, I even own the land. I do bowhunt here but during the gun seasons I go to Northern Wi. We have a place that sleeps 20 male hunters, One big room. I have been going there since 1953 and have never missed a season yet. According to my wife (a shrink) its the male bonding thing. Heck its just fun :D . This is living we just got water and sewer in this year. Gov. made us take out the outhouse. I go up for nine days for rifle come home for a couple of days and back two more times for muzzleloader season. There are some huge bucks taken during the ML season, seems the big boys come out and start moving around. This is very big country,almost all open to the public.
Our camp for the muzzleloading season in CO. will be a 14x17 wall tent
We go there most every year only this time it will be during the ML season Again all public land.
On my own land I passed up nineteen bucks during the bow season some were pretty nice but no wall hanger. I just had two much moose/deer meat. It sure is nice to walk out the back door and go sit in a tree for a few hours though.
Redclub

Hey Ourway,

That's good news, I know you'll be glad to get settled in your new place. It sure will be great for you to walk out the door and hunt. Good luck with the move.

AL

Latest posts

Back