What would be your dream hunt with the savage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would be your dream hunt with the savage

• Whitetail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mule deer

• Elk

• Alaska Moose

• Grizzly

• Caribou

• Antelope

• Rocky MT Goat

• Bighorn Sheep

• Trip to Africa

• Total voters

laker

Reaction score
If you could go one one dream trip in your lifetime, What would you hunt for?

Mine would be a trip to Alaska for a Grizzly. I have killed a 450lbs blackbear and I know the adrinilan rush that gave me. I could only imagine what a 1000 pound beast would do to me..

GREAT topic Laker! Of course this is easy for me... I want to kill a kudu, eland, and a hartebeest/wildebeest with a muzzleloader! So for me..it is AFRICA! Maybe next year! :shock:

Mine would be big horn sheep preferrably Dall sheep in Alaska. Did most of the others or close too it although not with a MZ. I will only have a few years left to be able to do this though, Getting up in years for steep climbing. Going to Co. Elk hunting during the muzzzleloading season with a great bunch of guys. Will camp in our wall tent and I am really looking forward to this.
Redclub

I checked an AK MOOSE. Was up there fishin Kenai Peninsula and saw some of those BIG OLE BOYS (Bulls 1.200-1,500 LBS!) while fishin the Kenai River. For me, a Dream Hunt for sure. :D

Elk for me! I would love to some day take my HB on an Elk adventure!

For me Africa wins hands down. You can shoot a bunch of different animals and get a wealth of hunting experience.

Africa has always been my dream. It will probably never happen. :cry:

I love going away and hunting. My favorite choice would be the one that's best to eat. Without knowing that, i choose an Elk hunt.

I'd have to say Africa also. That would be awesome with the Savage or rifle. :)

Dall!!

It would have to be the Dall hunt for me. I have always wanted to get just one during my life. But, at my age and my income...I doubt it will ever happen. However, I have it better than a lot of people and I have a wonderful family and good health. So I will continue to dream about it. Good poll. Grizzly would be second choice, but I would have to take about about 3 or 4 Depends with me! :D

Mike

This poll has gone real well. Just to let you in, I am going on my #2 dream hunt in Oct. to Southeastern Colorado on a Eastern Plains mule deer and elk hunt on a private ranch. I will find out a week from today if I drew my tags but with two prefference points for both animals it should be a slam dunk. Last year this ranch killed 6 bull elk that averaged 340 B&C Thats a pretty good elk in anyones book. They also harvested many 180 B&C and better mule deer. This will be a rifle hunt I will be tagging along a very accurate 300 Wby mag with Zeiss Glass. I hope to have pictures for every one to look at... Laker

Latest posts

Back