What you having?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Unbrined turkey breast from FreshThyme market (bone in) and 2 huge turkey thighs. Breasts are normally heavily brined but not theirs.

Dressing from scratch including the stock and herbs from the garden. Turkey neck meat, fresh oysters and a couple gizzards. Lots of celery and red onion. Topped with fried onions too.

A couple Japanese sweet taters. The ones with purple skin and cream colored flesh. I HATE yams but love these suckers.

Mashed taters with garlic.

Gravy made from turkey necks stock and the drippings. Made the stock a few days ago. Gravy will also have some porcini/shitake mushroom powder blend.

Quick green beans with cream of mushroom soup. Im out of oven space so stove top. Using my Liana long beans i blanched and froze.

King Hawaiian rolls....man i love these things.

Now the trick to cooking a no brine breast is pulling it out at 160F. Cover it with foil and a thick towel to keep the heat in. Let it rest for 30min or more. Internal temp will continue to rise so its fine/safe. If you cut into it and it steams you blew it. If you cook one for just sammies let it cool all the way down to room temp before slicing.

I loves me some stuffing. Grandma made two every year. One with oysters and one without....Or so she said. Truth is it all had oysters but since some folks are fussy she kept it a secret and no one ever knew. :D

I got an extra bag of unseasoned bread cubes and homemade stock because im sure this one will get hammered. Also got more neck meat and some thyme rosemary pork sausage. Have to make more stuffing later. It was a toss up between sausage stuffing or oyster and oyster won. :p....Truthfully i still got another half pint of some really tasty fresh oysters but....

I can scarf down a huge plate of stuffing smothered in gravy. :D

Unbrined turkey breast from FreshThyme market (bone in) and 2 huge turkey thighs. Breasts are normally heavily brined but not theirs.

Dressing from scratch including the stock and herbs from the garden. Turkey neck meat, fresh oysters and a couple gizzards. Lots of celery and red onion. Topped with fried onions too.

A couple Japanese sweet taters. The ones with purple skin and cream colored flesh. I HATE yams but love these suckers.

Mashed taters with garlic.

Gravy made from turkey necks stock and the drippings. Made the stock a few days ago. Gravy will also have some porcini/shitake mushroom powder blend.

Quick green beans with cream of mushroom soup. Im out of oven space so stove top. Using my Liana long beans i blanched and froze.

King Hawaiian rolls....man i love these things.

Now the trick to cooking a no brine breast is pulling it out at 160F. Cover it with foil and a thick towel to keep the heat in. Let it rest for 30min or more. Internal temp will continue to rise so its fine/safe. If you cut into it and it steams you blew it. If you cook one for just sammies let it cool all the way down to room temp before slicing.

I loves me some stuffing. Grandma made two every year. One with oysters and one without....Or so she said. Truth is it all had oysters but since some folks are fussy she kept it a secret and no one ever knew. :D

I got an extra bag of unseasoned bread cubes and homemade stock because im sure this one will get hammered. Also got more neck meat and some thyme rosemary pork sausage. Have to make more stuffing later. It was a toss up between sausage stuffing or oyster and oyster won. :p....Truthfully i still got another half pint of some really tasty fresh oysters but....

I can scarf down a huge plate of stuffing smothered in gravy. :D

Not 1 Hot pepper in there??? Are you feeling well? :p

Some things i just dont want spicy. I almost never have anything spicy for breakfast other than some scrambled eggs very rarely.

I got top reviews on my stuffing. Dad said it might have been the best he ever had. Its just McCormicks recipe with the addition of the meat, fried onion topping and some fresh oysters. https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/salads-sides/classic-herb-stuffing
KQFJfr9.jpg

bQF4UOr.jpg

Looks Delish.

I have to have Jalapeno Powder on my eggs Every morning!;) :drooling:

Back