What's your favorite model and caliber?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
52 cal. Knight, either DE or BH depending on the load. They're older models but well proven. They can be loaded light for deer or heavier and used for anything in NA that I'll ever be able to hunt.

Start at the 1:00 minute mark.

I like cast lead slugs and have two adjustable weight .52 caliber molds. I've got several .515 molds for paper patched bullets. Also have a supply of .52/.458 sabots to use commercially available modern .458 bullets. A TK2000, .45 Omega or Optima V2 pistol are my second choices.

Last edited:
I love my TC Systems One, .50. I know they were the first magnum and only made for half a year, they were the predecessor to the Black Diamond, I have owned several and it shoots and handles better by far. Never really pushed it for distance but 200 with modern bullets would be easy, at least I think so. This from a 30 year old rifle who's barrel still looks like a mirror.

I have been hunting with my Cva accura V2 Lr for the past few years. I've taken 4 shots with it and all 4 deer went into the freezer! I have an older Cva Optima Pro that is a good shooter too!

What's your load for that Accura?
I've been using 80grn blackhorn by volume with a xtp 240 in a black harvester sabot. I believe that they are harvester anyway. I'm going to be trying some 300grn xtp soon to see how they shoot out of it.

Back