Where the heck are all the #11 percussion caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They only make a small production run then stop for a while. Sometimes they stop for quite a while. Unfortunately people are hoarding them by buying them up as soon as they find them. Thus the stores tend to run out fast.

So with pricey RWS caps, expensive B209 propellant and high tech sabot bullets you are looking at maybe $5.00 Us or more per shot fired.

Thanks. Probably would have spent my time and money on something other than getting into traditional muzzleloaders had i known the simplest thing like caps was going to be such a pain.
Just do your research , I know for a fact you should be buying a 209 Mag Spark conversion (everyone) has 209 primers / also Musket primers with the correct nipple ! Don't give up just work a little harder ! /Ed

Just do your research , I know for a fact you should be buying a 209 Mag Spark conversion (everyone) has 209 primers / also Musket primers with the correct nipple ! Don't give up just work a little harder ! /Ed
I got a couple of the ones that let you fire small or large pistol or rifle primers on mine. Just in case I needed them as we did have a long dry spell there without any caps.

Somebody, where are all the #11 percussion caps. Just built a muzzleloader and cant find any.
Go to the Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's websites. If they don't have them in stock, simply fill in your email address in the box to be notified when they will be in stock/available. You will get an email when they are available, but log in fast and make the purchase. I did this and had the CCI #11's within two weeks. It's quicker than you might imagine. You have to pay a little more with the hazmat fees for shipping,, but if you need them, you have to pay.

I checked with my local Walmart, near KC, MO, every week or two throughout the entire fall and they never got any caps at all, nor did they get any other muzzle loading necessities like lead balls or powder/substitute of any kind! It's like they said to heck with you ML guys!

Buy some brass with the small primer holes instead of the large holes if you can find them. Then buy the cci450, they are excellent small rifle magnum primers. Thats what i did for my 6.5 creedmoors and my extreme spreds even lowered.

Latest posts

Back