White .410s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Lately, I purchased a new White 91 .410 caliber. That's kind of an odd-ball caliber isn't it? The thing IS...in Alabama .40cal muzzleloaders and LARGER are legal for use on whitetail. I bought some No Excuses 410gr .410cal bullets to shoot in it based on my past successes using those bullets. To the range I go! I had decided on trying 65gr fffg 777 and the 410gr NE to start with. Much to my dismay, the bullet fit was TIGHT! No slip-fit situation here! In fact, the rifling-engraving fit was SO tight, I didn't really feel comfortable shooting them. NEVERTHELESS, I shot nine shots. I even had to spit-patch between shots to insure seating the bullet fully!

Measuring the .410cal 410gr No Excuses yielded an OD of .411. Aren't they supposed to be .409, 0.001 smaller than the barrel diameter, .410? I would THINK so! So....I thought I'd order a few of the White Power Punch .410cal 400gr bullets. Well, I got them in today and YES they measure .409! Maybe they will work better! I'll let you know as soon as I get back from another range trip.

Get you some patches and some round balls and go squirrel hunting. :lol: I love .410 for squirrel. Oops not a muzzleloader though.

Patrick White said:
Get you some patches and some round balls and go squirrel hunting. :lol: I love .410 for squirrel. Oops not a muzzleloader though.

That's not a bad idea! You know...my first GUN of ANY type was a Stevens .410ga bolt-action shotgun! I got it for Christmas when I was six years old! I STILL have the hang-tag for it $36.95! I killed a PILE of squirrels with that thing(Snoopy treeing the squirrels!) and one deer!

I like the idea of the white 91 .410 ml . you should be able to get that baby shooting good. It has to shoot a lot flatter than the .45 and .50 . Keep us posted.

Chuck, I STILL haven't gone shooting. Too busy making banners and logos. :wink:

yeah, right, just too lazy to get out and do anything.

Underclocked said:
Chuck, I STILL haven't gone shooting. Too busy making banners and logos. :wink:

yeah, right, just too lazy to get out and do anything.

Well, being that you are the best banner and logo guru on the planet, that should keep you quite busy. Now if you CHARGED people for your fine work, we could be talking to you while you bask in the sun on Fiji island!! Right after a nice Ryans Steak House meal of course.....

Get out and shoot that danged thing UC! It's getting where the temp is just right and you won't sweat your huevos off while on the bench, and you won't be so cold you go into the fetal position! Oh I remember! It's that scope that is the issue here isn't it? Hmmmmmmm............. :roll: :lol:

Oh I remember! It's that scope that is the issue here isn't it? Hmmmmmmm.............

So Rich...Do you have scope issues? I have a scope loaner program. :)

big6x6 said:
Oh I remember! It's that scope that is the issue here isn't it? Hmmmmmmm.............

So Rich...Do you have scope issues? I have a scope loaner program. :)

That's a great idea. LEASING ML equipment. You could start right now. No extra inventory needed. :lol:

I took one off the .410 and mounted a Burris 3x9 Ballistiplex on it. I think that's the last thing I've done muzzleloader-wise aside from taking them out and shouldering them. Took a couple of air shots. :D

Latest posts

Back