Wind River - Netflix movie

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerRidge

Simple Effective Solutions
Reaction score
I couldn't sleep the other night.. turned on the tube and watched "Wind River"on Netflix.

Its pretty good. A movie where you have to pay attention to most every line of dialog, and notice some things that they show you rather than tell you. Still got some Hollywood in it vs reality... but they really seemed to try and get the details right... like even having cartridges that would fit a unique rifle and a character that can wield it in the proper manner...

Don't want to say much more so that I don't spoil it for you.

Tom

I couldn't sleep the other night.. turned on the tube and watched "Wind River"on Netflix.

Its pretty good. A movie where you have to pay attention to most every line of dialog, and notice some things that they show you rather than tell you. Still got some Hollywood in it vs reality... but they really seemed to try and get the details right... like even having cartridges that would fit a unique rifle and a character that can wield it in the proper manner...

Don't want to say much more so that I don't spoil it for you.

Tom
It’s pretty good. If you’ve ever lived anywhere near the res you’ll recognize much.

Been to Wyoming probably 15 times. Always the Sundance area or North eastern part. Love the people, the way of life, the view, creeks. I always said if it wasn't for family and friends I would be out west. I am considering going out there for the entire month of November in a coming year. Maybe help out on a ranch and do a little hunting. Didn't mean to hijack your thread. Sorry.

I have the movie marked to watch.

Last edited:
Yes I loved it out there.My older brother passed awhile is why I came back.I have been wanting to move back,but I have 2 younger brothers that are against it.At 70 years oldthey are worried about my health.But I figure a man should live where it can do the most for his quality of life.I had so much more to do out there than I do here in Indiana.Live in the dreams I guess.

Yes I loved it out there.My older brother passed awhile is why I came back.I have been wanting to move back,but I have 2 younger brothers that are against it.At 70 years oldthey are worried about my health.But I figure a man should live where it can do the most for his quality of life.I had so much more to do out there than I do here in Indiana.Live in the dreams I guess.
To an extent what family wants matters. But you also need to live for yourself too. I live surrounded by family but if my family were all in Illinois for instance, I’d be out of there like a shot. I need room to breathe.

I moved to Casper, WY in 1979. When I left in 1982 I had a wife, a daughter, and a medical license; I was also well on my way to my (adult) Bar Mitzvah.
Yep. I am a Jewish redneck.
To my regret I didn't start hunting till the year after I left.
It's a long story. We're all swimmers in the river of history.

After reading this thread and previously posting, I just finished watching the movie. Wow! What a movie! I was a sad & powerful movie, unfortunately based on a true story. I wish I had seen it sooner, but it won’t be the last time I watch it.

Yepper! Stumbled on it last night. Good flick indeed. I”ve grown to like / favor Jeremy Renner‘s acting. It’s what made me hit the “play” button.
I don’t ever recall seeing a movie with a detailed reloading scene. How about that?

My favorite part of Wyoming is the Starr Valley on the western side along Idaho border. All the way from Smoot, Afton to Alpine and over the mountain into the Grey's River area.

Great movie! Saw it originally in the theater and a couple times since. Love WY. Blessed to have been pretty much all over it and every part has something unique.

<snipped> powerful movie, unfortunately based on a true story. <snipped>

According to my research... its not really based on a true story like it says... sort like 'Fargo' ... More accurately: it is fiction, made to accentuate the unfortunate reality of how many native women/girls are lost/exploited etc... the statistics there seem to be missing or just down right bad.

That’s interesting indeed. Still a great movie. There’s truth to the story although maybe not directly to this movie. It is an unfortunate reality though that indigenous people are not provided the same considerations when it comes to human trafficking, etc regarding reporting, tracking, and records. They’ve been wronged in so many ways for more than 200 years. It would be nice to see justice for them, and all victims of human trafficking and other sex crimes. Just my opinion.

I was in Cheyenne for only a couple days, just passing through, many years ago. I recall walking into an old western style bar/Cafe to grab a bite to eat.
It was like stepping back in time to the 1870's. Don't recall the name but it was a cool place.

Wife and I ended up watching "Wind River" the other night. You can see the similarities to the show "Yellowstone".
Lots of the actors in the movie are in the show. Good watch.

Back