Wind River - Netflix movie

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved here to WY 10 years ago at the ripe young age of 65. Best move I ever made. I won't be leaving. Already have the place the ashes will be scattered, and a trustworthy daughter who is going to do it. It don't get any better than that.

Moved here to WY 10 years ago at the ripe young age of 65. Best move I ever made. I won't be leaving. Already have the place the ashes will be scattered, and a trustworthy daughter who is going to do it. It don't get any better than that.

I moved away from WY a little over 10 years ago. Worst move I ever made. Don't get me wrong, my wife is happy here and I do have a great appreciation for our farm, but once I leave the farm it's just disappointing all around. My parents are still in WY and when that unfortunate day comes we'll be spreading my dad's ashes on a mountain there.

I moved away from WY a little over 10 years ago. Worst move I ever made. Don't get me wrong, my wife is happy here and I do have a great appreciation for our farm, but once I leave the farm it's just disappointing all around. My parents are still in WY and when that unfortunate day comes we'll be spreading my dad's ashes on a mountain there.
Luckily for me, my wife is happy here, too.

Yes I loved it out there.My older brother passed awhile is why I came back.I have been wanting to move back,but I have 2 younger brothers that are against it.At 70 years oldthey are worried about my health.But I figure a man should live where it can do the most for his quality of life.I had so much more to do out there than I do here in Indiana.Live in the dreams I guess.
Moved to Wyo 30 years ago and never a regret. ( now 76) I live in Encampment pop 443 at the base of the Sierra Madres in S/C Wyo. 7, 300' here and out my back door 30 min to 11,400' The north Platte and Encampment "Wedding of the Waters" just a few out of town. Blue ribbon trout fishing, clean water, elk, deer, antelope abound and I trap winters so WOULD NOT want to live anywhere else. Medical facilities are a bit scant but everyone is willing to live here anyway for the quality of life we enjoy. Unfortunately big money is starting to challenge our way of life. We have no state tax and very low prop. taxes so far. Free untreated river water summer months to water yard and garden, alley spigot for each property. Gravel streets. 4 bars and 4 churches so we're keeping even. My family is from Vegas to Iowa to Texas and they're always are ready to come visit me for the stress free climate and quietness here. Look us up on the web..and B.I.D you're welcome in our camp...Trader

My favorite part of Wyoming is the Starr Valley on the western side along Idaho border. All the way from Smoot, Afton to Alpine and over the mountain into the Grey's River area.
Unfortunately The Jackson Hole Cali billionaires have kicked out the millionaires to Starr Valley. Teton county is now the only blue county in Wyoming. They move here because they hate Cali then want to change Wy to be just like the place they left..All curb, gutter and liberal thinking. Ask Liz Chaney how that's working out. I live in S/C Wyo just 30 mi north of Cali's sister ship Colo. Colo is geographically red but controlled by the blue stripe down it's over populated center ..........Trader

Us Wyomingites need to learn to keep our mouths shut.
That was a little harsh....Or maybe it was the unprecedented influx of out of state tourist desperate to get away from their lockdowns this summer that let our secret out?..Now we have Brush Creek Ranches Multi-Multi ,building an upscale, several thousand a day to play Ski Lodge above out little town . Trader/ supporter

"Wind River" is one of those movies that grabs you from the get-go and keeps you hooked till the end. I agree, paying attention to every line of dialogue is crucial in such films, and it's those little details that make the experience so immersive.

"Wind River" is one of those movies that grabs you from the get-go and keeps you hooked till the end. I agree, paying attention to every line of dialogue is crucial in such films, and it's those little details that make the experience so immersive.
Paying attention to thread dates is crucial on message boards too.🤣

Watched that movie a couple times. Well done IMO. Jeremy Renner is played his role really good. Another character I always liked is the reservation chief of police - Graham Greene.

I've had a Marlin M95 45/70 since the 1970s and love that rifle. I have long ago developed & use my own handload with a Speer 400 grain jsp at 1800 fps. It's a very accurate load and I'm (Ahem!) satisfied with that level of recoil. It was far more than needed for deer but that's alright with me. "Wind River" is a favorite movie of mine as I'm a fan of both the 45/70, Jeremy Renner and Graham Greene. It's a good, solid movie, IMHO.

As for the mention about prince harry net worth, it's fascinating how much attention the royal family gets, isn't it? It's like they're in a league of their own when it comes to wealth and influence. And Netflix, well, they've definitely made some interesting additions to their platform lately. It's all part of the ever-changing landscape of entertainment.

Back