240 Deep Curl--Water Jugs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
240curl1.jpg

240curl2.jpg

240curl3.jpg

240curl4.jpg

This morning, a bullet as rare as the unicorn, the 240g Deep Curl Hollow Point was used on the water jugs. Once again the powder charge was 50g Blackhorn, sabot was the green crush rib, primer was the W209, and the range was 25 yard. The bullet went through the three first jugs, and bounced off the fourth. Luckily, the bullet was found a tad forward, and just a little right, near the horse, on the ground. The impact of the bullet on the label of the fourth jug can be seen in the photo.

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

240 deep curls are a heck of a bullet. They shoot well and work very well on game. :yeah:

Looks like they make a real purdy mushroom on the water jugs too!

I sure like the looks of that bullet. I wonder how the 300 grain would hold? I have a lot of them and they shoot very well.

The Deep Curl is one of the best game bullets...they really perform....but very sad they are not available any more....do the gold dots perform the same...I been shooting the Nosler hand gun big game and they shoot real nice in the .45...

Al-53 said:
The Deep Curl is one of the best game bullets...they really perform....but very sad they are not available any more....do the gold dots perform the same...I been shooting the Nosler hand gun big game and they shoot real nice in the .45...

The deep curls and gold dots are the same bullet. Deep curl is just the new name.

They are still available, just hardly ever in stock anywhere. Once in a blue moon you can catch them somewhere, but not often it seems. Hopefully at some point they will be back to full availability.

Back