50 Caliber 460g Noexcuse

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hubby11 sent these bullets to shoot through the junk. One of them weighed 462.3g.

IMG_0934.JPG

The powder charge was 80g Blackhorn. The bullet was preceded down the bore by a wad, and was started down the barrel with a thumb. It is tight enough it won't walk away from the powder. Range was 25 yard.

noexcuse3.jpg

The first two jugs were shredded. The next 2 were quite damaged. The fourth jug showed that the bullet was veering to the side. The fifth not so much damage, but it revealed the bullet had veered away left. The sixth jug barely caught the bullet on it's edge. The bullet went through about half the phone book before veering off to Eenar. Yes, i was sad that the bullet wasn't captured, and figured there was no chance to find it. However out back about 20' the metal detector started squealing, and there was the bullet. It weighs 456.5 grain.

IMG_0938.JPG

Re: 45 Caliber 460g Noexcuse

Interesting lack of expansion. I have only used the no excuses brand bullets in my White .540. I am presuming it is a harder alloy.

No Excuse for a bullet to look like that - before or after.
All kidding aside, the bullet looks to be machine made (magnacaster?); with that they are usually hard so they run in the machine better.
Ron is getting some great visual data - we could only hope the bullet makers/sellers see it..

Latest posts

Back