300 Grain Deep Curl

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This bullet wasn't tested before now, because it is currently unavailable for purchase. It has put several deer into our freezer. What i recall from hunting is the exit through the ribs is about 2" diameter, and deer go down quickly. This morning range was 26 yard. Powder charge was 80g Blackhorn

This bullet flattened the front two jugs. The third jug had an entry and exit hole. The fourth, and fifth jugs were undamaged. The bullet took quite some time to find. It bounced hard off the fourth jug, and ended up 12-15 feet away to the side, and forward. It now weighs 301.3 grain.

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

Love that bullet! It looks just like I would expect it too, even though I never have recovered one in game yet. :D

Thanks for testing it Ron!

Yep that is one awesome bullet. Them and the 240's are amazing. The cool thing, not only do they expand super well they retain their weight. Can't ask for anything more. :yeah:

WV Hunter said:
Yep that is one awesome bullet. Them and the 240's are amazing. The cool thing, not only do they expand super well they retain their weight. Can't ask for anything more. :yeah:

Actually gained weight in this test, even better.

It now weighs 301.3 grain.

Must have been bloated with all that water weight. :lol:

Love those bullets, and the Nosler Partition. Must have worked too good, so they quit making them? :?

WOW, you can tell how hard that hit. Dispensed a lot of energy on those two jugs after blowing through wood and carpet...perfect performance. Question, how does the God Dot perform when compared to the Deep Curl? Are the Deep Curl discontinued? Very hard to find. I passed up some .44 cal 240 grain Gold Dot bullets a while back because I wasn't sure of their performance.

WOW, you can tell how hard that hit. Dispensed a lot of energy on those two jugs after blowing through wood and carpet...perfect performance. Question, how does the God Dot perform when compared to the Deep Curl? Are the Deep Curl discontinued? Very hard to find. I passed up some .44 cal 240 grain Gold Dot bullets a while back because I wasn't sure of their performance.

Back