Bonded 225g 40 caliber Fury Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_2952.JPG

This 40 caliber 225 grain FURY bullet was provided by Omega45.

IMG_2953.JPG

The distance between the rifle, and horse was 25 yard. The powder load was 80 grain Blackhorn.

The bullet destroyed the front jug, did even more damage to the second jug (blew it in half), blew up the third jug, and was caught by the fourth jug. It now weighs 199.7 grain.

IMG_2961.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG

The two Fury bullets you tested can't have the same construction. This one looks good for muzzleloaders.

That's a purty bullet there. Are you planning a 50gr test?

Muley Hunter said:
The two Fury bullets you tested can't have the same construction. This one looks good for muzzleloaders.
I'm with you on this one, Muley. I've got to believe the 45 275 gn Furys that were sent to Ron for testing must be the regular hard lead version, not the soft lead muzzleloader one. The expansion on this 40 cal bullet is what I would expect from a soft lead bullet with a soft copper jacket.

Would love to.try that one in my Super 45 XR! What is the velocity of that 80 grain Blackhorn charge? I am finding that 40 calibers punch WAY above their weight. Soft jacket + soft lead= chest soup...

Was this bullet shot out of a .50 caliber rifle or a .45 caliber rifle?
Thanks!

Ron what are your thoughts on that bullet in a 1-28 twist barrel?

qwakattak said:
Shoots good out of my 1 in 28

So you have shot the bullets from the 1:28 twist out a ways? My only experience is at 25 yard. On paper, the bullet holes look perfectly round is about all i know, which isn't much.

Here we cannot use bullets less than 44 caliber during a muzzle loader season.

1680 fps. Ooh! I am getting 1800 fps with a 200 grain 40 cal XTP using 70 grains of Swiss 3f Holy black. My Super 45 (1-20) has a quick barrel.
That bullet would do well for shots out there a ways.

Latest posts

Back