ED RAYLS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone talked to Ed Rayls in lately, Ive tried calling him numerous times about having a barrel redone and cannot get a answer even letting the phone ring 50-60 times... is he just super hard to get ahold of?

dbowling said:
Anyone talked to Ed Rayls in lately, Ive tried calling him numerous times about having a barrel redone and cannot get a answer even letting the phone ring 50-60 times... is he just super hard to get ahold of?

Never mind guys ended up sending it to Bobby Hoyt in Pa..

As I stated on another forum. I called them both everyday for two months, and never got through.

Is an answering machine so hard to get?

Ive gotten ahold of Bobby Hoyt 2-3 times Ive called him, just called him a couple days ago to verify my barrel made it to him okay... best time to call would be early morning before he starts up his machines or late afternoon when hes shutting down...probably cant hear the phone when everythings running plus if you were 2 yrs behind would you want to screw with a answering machine everyday..

Why piss off future customers? I might have waited the 2 years if I had known he was even there.

What I don't understand is how you got work done if he was 2 years behind? Someones barrel wasn't being worked on while he did yours.

I wanted the same thing you got. a Renegade barrel bored out. Maybe he would have done mine if I could have got through. I called all different times of the day. As I said on Jon's forum. You got lucky.

I have zero luck. I never win a draw for a deer/elk unless it's a 100% guarantee, and I can't even get one number in Powerball. :(

He said he might be able to get mine back in 2 months didnt give me a definite yes on it, the reason being my barrel is only 19.5-20 in. long and he said it would be a quick job in between longer barrels which take 2-3 times as long to do...he wouldnt be quiete as far behind but he hasnt had very little help this year as his grandson has been unable to help him and the guy who was helping him fulltime can now only work a few hrs in the evening..Im pretty sure his intention is not to piss people off but to make use of the limited time he has to get alot of work done.. if it takes me 2 yrs to get my barrel back so be it, its paid for and all it was doing was being a pain in my rear trying to keep it from rusting anymore..

I sent a TC 56 smooth bore to Mr Hoyt and he made it into a 20 ga removing all the rust that was in the 56 as I received it from the orginal owner. Turn around time was less than a month.

rat trapper said:
I sent a TC 56 smooth bore to Mr Hoyt and he made it into a 20 ga removing all the rust that was in the 56 as I received it from the orginal owner. Turn around time was less than a month.

how long ago was it that you sent your gun?

Latest posts

Back