¿Anyone shorten an inline's barrel?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wganz

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Need something really short/maneuverable carbine. Looking at a Traditions Buckstalker XT Youth model & cut/11° crown at 12". Looking at a BARSTE Field sport 4MOA Red Dot Reflex Sight. Max range max of 25 yards. In essence, a modern 'canoe gun'. Looking for .44 Mag/.45 Colt ballistics.
Curious if anyone has already gone down this path?

Need something really short/maneuverable carbine. Looking at a Traditions Buckstalker XT Youth model & cut/11° crown at 12". Looking at a BARSTE Field sport 4MOA Red Dot Reflex Sight. Max range max of 25 yards. In essence, a modern 'canoe gun'. Looking for .44 Mag/.45 Colt ballistics.
Curious if anyone has already gone down this path?
How about a CVA V2 pistol with again not sure a (Farrel adapter) allows you to put a AR stock on your pistol and then shoot with sabots 50x45/50x40 and full bore 50 cal cast ugly but light /accurate and handi to carry or climb a tree /Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0806[1].JPG
    IMG_0806[1].JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 1
Someone on here cut a T/C gun down to a pistol, maybe a Black Diamond? I forgot who but it shouldn’t be hard to find. Lots of folks on here shoot and hunt with .50 CVA pistols.

There is a omega x7 with a shortened barrel on gun broker now, I think it’s 400

There is a omega x7 with a shortened barrel on gun broker now, I think it’s 400
Sorry,it must have sold yesterday, I don’t see it this morning

I have a 13 inch brux 28 twist barrel for a Remington 700 ,Hankins plug,,smokeless rated. I would sell if anyone is interested in putting together a short rifle.

Man you just blew my mind! A cut off muzzle loader! I can’t see why not it’s been done with shotguns and rifles before. I suppose as long as you don’t have gain twist rifling you should be ok.
I bought this thing as a kit but it’s not an inline. image.jpg

My favorite is the American gun Craft 12 gauge double barrel inline pistols. They have the Diablo and Desperado models. Plus you get a second shot if needed too.

The Hawdah pistols are another example too. The hunters used to carry them when hunting tigers from the backs of elephants. You never knew if the tiger might jump up to get you too.

But yes I can agree in that a short barrel carbine would be very handy indeed. I think that it has been done a lot already just that no one talked about it much if any.

https://americanguncraft.com/product-category/diablo-12-gauge-pistol/

How about a CVA V2 pistol with again not sure a (Farrel adapter) allows you to put a AR stock on your pistol and then shoot with sabots 50x45/50x40 and full bore 50 cal cast ugly but light /accurate and handi to carry or climb a tree /Ed
Where does one find such a grip? Googled “Farrel adapter” and came up blank.

I cut an Encore 209x50 barrel down to 16" and put a pistol scope on it. Its a really accurate. The good thing about this even if it is a muzzleloader, at 16" there is no problem putting a shoulder stock on it.

Back