“Hotrod Hawken” Barrels engraved

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this Engraving for quite awhile, I finally got it done yesterday evening. 2 friends of mine did this for me :lewis:

My Stainless “Switch Rig” .45, and .50 Cal 15/16” Stainless GM LRH Barrels, Both shoot LIGHTS OUT Good :lewis:
Y72lWWM.jpg

1MLWWhj.jpg

9iJyiZZ.jpg

Some History on the name “Hotrod Hawken” There is a guy over on the Castboolit forum (I believe he goes by “oldracer”?) Anyway, He is the guy that originally came up with the name “Hotrod Hawken” He named Idahoron’s Rifle, and it Stuck :lewis: So Ron’s Rifle is the Original (The rifle i am holding in my Avatar, That is Ron’s Ole “Hotrod Hawken“ Rifle, I call it “The one that started it all :)) there have been MANY of them put together over the years following Ron’s Rifle. I decided to have the “Hotrod Hawken“ name Engraved in my 2 Stainless Barrels, I think it turned out awesome:lewis:

This is a picture that Ron took of Me Shooting his Old “Hotrod Hawken” several years ago when he was here on a Deer Hunt
4ySV88Q.jpg

LgM3NXK.jpg

My name on the opposite side :lewis:
tY9hjBS.jpg

m7QFxUW.jpg

Last edited:
I also had my 32” Green Mountain 1:18 Twist engraved, Idahoron Gifted me this Barrel a Few years back, Ron had named it “The Business Rifle” I was like a little Kid when this Barrel Showed up :p This is the 1st “Long Ranger” i put together, I had 2 Custom BACO Bullet Molds made for it. I mounted a Lee Shaver SUPER Grade Long Range Soule Tang sight to the Renegade Stock/Tang, And installed a Lee Shaver windage adjustable Front Sight on the Barrel

HIzcukK.jpg

Here it is at 825 Yards, The “Business Rifle” Flat Out Shoots :lewis:

8N4YZLZ.jpg

DBgoZtd.jpg

Engraved, 1:18 Twist “Business Rifle”
nQGvbqc.jpg

And my name on the other side
lfE2dtr.jpg

I have been wanting to do this Engraving for quite awhile, I finally got it done yesterday evening. 2 friends of mine did this for me :lewis:

My Stainless “Switch Rig” .45, and .50 Cal 15/16” Stainless GM LRH Barrels, Both shoot LIGHTS OUT Good :lewis:
Y72lWWM.jpg

1MLWWhj.jpg

9iJyiZZ.jpg

Some History on the name “Hotrod Hawken” There is a guy over on the Castboolit forum (I believe he goes by “oldracer”?) Anyway, He is the guy that originally came up with the name “Hotrod Hawken” He named Idahoron’s Rifle, and it Stuck :lewis: So Ron’s Rifle is the Original (The rifle i am holding in my Avatar, That is Ron’s Ole “Hotrod Hawken“ Rifle, I call it “The one that started it all :)) there have been MANY of them put together over the years following Ron’s Rifle. I decided to have the “Hotrod Hawken“ name Engraved in my 2 Stainless Barrels, I think it turned out awesome:lewis:

This is a picture that Ron took of Me Shooting his Old “Hotrod Hawken” several years ago when he was here on a Deer Hunt
4ySV88Q.jpg

LgM3NXK.jpg

My name on the opposite side :lewis:
tY9hjBS.jpg
Very nicely done!
I have watch most of your videos and learned a lot from them!
Thanks for posting and for all of the work that you do.

I like how IdahoRon did the butt plate on the hawken, really clean.

They do look nice when done like that, Mine in the picture above has a Pachmayr “Grind to fit“ on it, I bought that Complete Stock from forum member @Willfish4fud, He is the one that had the Pad installed.

I can shoot the TC Hawken with or Without the Crescent Butt Plate, The Crescent Butt plate doesn't bother me at all on the TC Hawken

Remember that day we were at the range and that old guy wanted to see me shoot that pop can?
That was a lucky shot🤣🤣

I remember that well Ron 🙂 That was an EXTREMELY important shot that needed to be made! That wasn’t lucky, You center punched it :lewis: Ole John had a Look of :oops: 🤣
That Old Boy is stil around here, I seen him going in the Post office a few days ago, he was wearing a Mask 😷 I could just barely see his Eyeballs 👀 😁

Nice Idaho, are those done by hand or a machine engraver?

It is done by Machine & Computer program, it’s a pretty cool process to see done. I had NUMEROUS Fonts to choose from, i chose a “Script” type Font. It only takes a few minutes to do. It Really TATTOOS it in there :lewis:

Was this done at a jewelry service. I got my long range Alexander Henry I built I have had a name for it before I even finished it.

Latest posts

Back