10 Point Titan Xtreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Last week my brother got a wild hair and took 3 days looking for a cross bow. After a few days, he found that 10 point had the better cross bow as far as warranty and quality goes. He found some real scary crap online with how Barnett is NOT as good as they claim to be. Having limbs come apart after a year or 30 shots.... 30! pretty much scared him away from them.

This one I believe is the "cheapest" cross bow that 10 point makes. He paid under $700 for it and it even came with the scope and Acu draw which makes the 180lb draw turn in an easy 5 lb draw with the reel the Acu draw has. You seriously can pull the string back with just your thumb and index finger using that acu draw.

We took it out today over the Chrony at 4 feet and shot 5 arrows before I ruined the day by pulling a Robin Hood and putting one arrow almost through the center of the other arrow :lol!:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/40/56/85/img_3916.jpg
img_3917.jpg

img_3918.jpg

img_3919.jpg

img_3920.jpg

img_3921.jpg

So, what did the chrony tell you? And let's see what carbon arrows look like with a "Robin Hood"?

I'll bet it wasn't up to the advertised velocity. I don't know much about crossbows or which ones are considered the best but the prices for them are ridiculous.

My Barnett with scope and pulley draw cost me less than half of that one. That's not saying it's better because I'm sure it's not. It's very heavy, poorly balanced and noisy as an M-80. The serving around the cams is coming unraveled and I'm sure I haven't shot it a total of 150 times in 3 years.
I hate it but it lets me hunt during bow season and that what matters to me.

these were aluminum arrows that came with it. Hes going to find some carbon on friday when we head up to BassPro. 308 FPS Avg. Not to shabby! I think 321? is what it was advertised at but that all depends on the arrows, altitude and such.

Big mistake should have bought an Excalibur. The wheel bows go out of time and there goes your accuracy. If you don't have a bow press your looking at bucks to fix. Three strings compared to one and you can do it yourself. No wheel bows for me.

Dennis STANKOVITZ said:
Big mistake should have bought an Excalibur. The wheel bows go out of time and there goes your accuracy. If you don't have a bow press your looking at bucks to fix. Three strings compared to one and you can do it yourself. No wheel bows for me.
I shot forum member bobbythehunter's  Excalibur last week.  If crossbows become legal n Massachusetts an Excalibur is going to be my bow of choice.

I came real close to buying a crossbow Marty. I can use one here during archery season. After looking at all the crossbows available, and reading reviews. I had settled on an Excalibur too.

The simplicity, and reliability is hard to beat. Being able to change the string in the field is a huge plus.

Muley, I am not a crossbow person, but I impressed myself with hitting  a 3D deer vital zone at 50 yards after only a few shots...given I was using a scoped Excalibur.  I once looked down on crossbows, but if it will increase your bowhunting odds of making that first shot lethal, then its a good thing.

how many times does one change a bow string? especially in the field. The cams are a lot quieter too IMO, you dont get that THUMMMMM after the shot.

We cant use them here in Colorado during archery season, its only legal during firearms season which is pretty stupid IMO. Pretty much going to just be a target shooter. I'll get some videos when he buys more arrows for it.

It's not just changing the string Jon. They stretch, and need to be adjusted. With the Excalibur all you need to do is twist the string. A compound is much more difficult.

Both types work fine, but if you live in an area that doesn't have a bow show with a press it's a pain. You pretty much need to buy a press so you can work on it. There's no bow shops near me, so the Excalibur was a better choice. Well, it would have been. I didn't buy one. Yet!

Amazon has a kit for an Excalibur Axiom for $500.
http://www.amazon.com/Excalibur-Axiom-SMF-Crossbow-Kit/dp/B004PYML90

As much as I bowhunt (8-12x/year) I'll keep using my crappy Barnett until it breaks. Barnett used to have a lifetime warranty but I think they discontinued that a few years ago. The factory is about 60 miles from me but they won't answer any e-mails I have sent in the past.
I've been told that if you walk in the door with your busted bow and cuss at them, they'll fix it free while you wait. I'm not ready to totally believe that.

exactly, their warranty sucks is what my brother found while searching.

Pete, my brother has had a golden eagle? compound bow since 1988, its still running the original string. It does need to be replaced though due to fraying over the years recently.

we'll find out over the years. When you spend that kind of money, cracked limbs, poor customer service and poor warranty do come into play before handing over the credit card LOL. Plus that crank is a huge help. I couldnt see myself pulling back a crossbow with my hands or that string deal.

The string deal lets me pull my 150 lb X-bow back pretty easily. It only costs about $15. I tried to do it without the pulley set-up and got a cramp in my back.

Watched plenty of women cocking them in videos. You don't think you could deadlift half of the pull weight?

FrontierGander said:
well there ya have it! Its perfect for ya :lol!: :Hide:
Isn't this your quote young man? :clown:

"I couldnt see myself pulling back a crossbow with my hands or that string deal."

my brothers is 180lbs. I'll take a video some time, you'll change your thinking in a big hurry.

Plus you dont even know the draw weight those wimmins was actually pulling. You dont believe everything you see on tv do ya? of course not.

What's awkward is trying to cock it while in a stand 20 ft. up. I've done it several times but it has to be choreographed just right. :pale:

Latest posts

Back