10 Point Titan Xtreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FrontierGander said:
my brothers is 180lbs. I'll take a video some time, you'll change your thinking in a big hurry.

Plus you dont even know the draw weight those wimmins was actually pulling. You dont believe everything you see on tv do ya? of course not.
I do, because I know what xbow they were shooting. It was 175lbs, so half of that with the rope cocker.

Seriously Jon. You can do it easily. Watch this guy, and how easy he does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlpMUD0THG4

I just remembered another advantage the Excalibur has over some xbows. You can decock it. I don't know about your brothers xbow, but some of them can't be decocked. You also can't dry fire them. So, your only option to decock is to shoot out a bolt. That can be a pain when hunting.

I carry 4 arrows with me in the bow quiver, 3 with broadheads and one with a judo point. I shoot the judo point when I'm ready to get down out of the tree to unload (decock) the bow. I pick a spot at a certain yardage and shoot. It's just practice in a hunting situation. I do not use expandable broadheads as I have seen too many failures with them. I shoot a 4-blade 125 gr broadhead and am very happy with the way they fly.

If I bowhunted a lot, I would get the quietest shooting, lightest weight x-bow available. Poundage doesn't matter in my opinion. Almost all are at least 150 lbs which is plenty. The difference between 280 fps and 310 fps is not enough to matter. All of them will put an arrow through a deer.

shoot a cheap arrow is what they normally suggest. 180lbs is a ton of hold back for decocking LOL.

Not when you use a rope cocker. It's as easy to uncock as it is to cock it. It makes more sense than carrying a dud arrow to shoot out.

Anyway, that's why I would have picked an Excalibur. Everything seems easier, but i'm sure your brother will love his xbow.

I'm sure i'll buy one someday when my old bones can't handle recoil from a muzzy anymore.

I've hunted with a Ten Point Titan HLX for 4 years. I have the string & harness inspected each year. It's never gone out of time or lost accuracy. I shoot Easton Full metal jacket bolts & Grim Reaper broadheads with tack driver accuracy. Now as for Excalibur, they are made here & were the only other x bow that I considered. There is no doubt that they make a fantastic bow. I bought the Ten Point because I got a great deal on it & it was what I was looking for. I couldn't find an Excalibur for near the same deal anywhere at that time.
As for the cocking, it's whatever the user prefers. It is surprising how easy they do cock with a rope, but in a small short pop up ground blind or in a treestand I can lay the bow in my lap & use 2 fingers to easily cock it, so it's the accu draw cocking device for me :)

One thing to check which you guys might have already is the screws that hold the scope base on. My friends xbow had it happen after 15-20 shots. 

The rope cocking method isn't to bad but did take a few minutes to figure out. 

Your Robin Hood was still a good shot but not quite the same as a normal bow one in my opinion. I also don't count normal bow robin hoods if you have a bunch of arrows in the same spot. I've been lucky enough to get two of them, first was at 35 yards but it was my third shot and it didn't stay in the first arrow but did split the first 4-5" of the shaft. The other was also at 35 yards but was only two arrows and I now have a 54" arrow. You guys will probably want to start shooting 5 spots to keep from tearing fletching or busting bolts. 
I'm not sure if it would work on a xbow but it should is a portable bow press. It has two pieces that slip ove the limbs and then you tighten a bolt and it compresses the limbs without affecting the string so you could change them out or change the timing. I have one for my Hoyt and have used it on a few different compound bows. A bench bow press is better but if you are on a week long hunt or miles from a pro shop it works well enough.

biddler2 said:
I've been lucky enough to get two of them, first was at 35 yards but it was my third shot and it didn't stay in the first arrow but did split the first 4-5" of the shaft. The other was also at 35 yards but was only two arrows and I now have a 54" arrow.
I don't call that lucky when you consider the cost of arrows. I've done the Robin Hood thing with aluminum arrows and the cost wasn't near as bad as carbon ones.

I don't shoot more than one arrow at a target. That's all you're going to get on the deer.

Well lucky might not be the right wording but every archer wants that level of confidence. Mine were both with carbon so it was even more expensive. I did recoup some cost by removing the first arrows field point.  I shot more than one arrow but not in the same spot as it gets costly repairing arrows for damaged fletching, nocks, and cracks. 

Another tidbit of wisdom is when shooting with a broad head to check things out shot it first then the field point. That way you are less likely to damage the other arrow.

Latest posts

Back