16 AGAIN!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max

Reaction score
:D
Recently retired. My (also recently retired) hunting buddy picked up a CVA for the heck of it. We took it out a few weeks ago. Big mistake! Now I got the bug, and I feel like I did when I was 16 looking forward to my first deer hunt.

Dove right into the pro hunter and omega scope. Took it out last weekend. Got it sighted in within a few shots. Hitting the bull at 100 yrds no problem. What a ball!! Can't wait till November! Hope I feel the same when it's snowing like mad and 20 degrees!

:D :D :D

Max

You've got a sweet set up there. What are you shooting for powder, primer and bullets??
I've had the "bug" for a few years now. To a point where I take my Encore instead of my 11-87 for opening day of deer season in the southern zone. Good luck this season.

Mike

Welcome to the board Max!

We all have the muzzleloading "bug." You'll fit RIGHT in! :D

16 again

Thanks guys,

Got all the stuff at Gander Mountain. Salesman was very helpful (and envious). He recommended the 250 Shockwaves, and Winchester 777 primers. I picked up the Hodgdon 777 pellets at a shop in the Southern Tier. Used 2 pellets. Really only had a chance to guesstimate on 100 yards. Hope to get back out to do a more thorough sighting in before the season.

Heading up to Speculator on the 19th Mike. Not really a hunting trip, mostly a male bonding weekend with several work pals. Been doing it for about 15 years. Wouldn't pass up a chance to give the gun a try though.

Max

Max, Where are you located? I'm about 30 minutes south of Speculator in Johnstown. Saturday is the opener for black powder. Hope to make another notch in the Encore. Good luck.

Mike

Mike,

I live in Irondequoit (Rochester). Hunt mainly in The Town of Orange (8W - Near Watkins Glen), and Swain/Dalton area. The cabin in Speculator is off Rt. 30 North of Town on IP property. I would be up there on Saturday, but we have a wedding to go to......

Max

I've been to the Watkins Glen area. I spent about 3 months down in Montour Falls at the NYS Fire Academy. Myself I hunt the Southern zone in Cayuga County in Ledyard. Lots of deer down there, I haven't been able to find any big ones yet.
Don't you love the way weddings and family visits always seem to happen during hunting season :cry: . My sister is coming into town Saturday for a class reunion. I told her I would be "busy" Saturday morning :D .

Happy Hunting.
Mike

Latest posts

Back